We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid: City Views
- 2 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 3 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 4 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 5 German Rail Twin Pass
- 6 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 7 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 8 ITALO trains need help
- 9 London restaurants
- 10 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 11 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 12 How much luggage?????
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 15 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 16 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 17 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 18 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 19 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 20 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 21 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 22 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 White Villages base?
- 25 10 days to Explore Europe