We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 2 Overnight Layover -London
- 3 Old European currency
- 4 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 5 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 6 Another Visit to London
- 7 Three days in Athens
- 8 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 9 hotel in Prague
- 10 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 11 Prague to Dresden in Aug
- 12 Air France / Delta flight to Europe comfort upgrade
- 13 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 14 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 15 London-Paris solo trip
- 16 3 days Venice to Paris
- 17 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 18 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 19 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 20 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 21 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 22 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 23 Northern Italy
- 24 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 25 Lucca to Florence with side trips