We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 2 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 3 London 2nd time around
- 4 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 5 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 6 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 7 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 8 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 9 2 weeks in Europe
- 10 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 11 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 12 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 13 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 14 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 15 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 18 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 19 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 22 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 23 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 24 Matisse at Tate
- 25 Ireland Southwest