We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Camino No-No
- 2 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 3 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 4 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 5 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 6 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 7 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 8 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 9 Europe itinerary advice
- 10 Bayeux tapestry
- 11 Bus ride to Positano
- 12 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 13 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 14 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 15 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 16 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 17 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 18 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 19 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 20 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 21 Is Capri overrated?
- 22 A week in Paris
- 23 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 24 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 25 Train des Pignes