We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 2 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 3 England/EPL family vacation
- 4 4 Months in Europe
- 5 Never To Return
- 6 Tipping in the UK
- 7 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 8 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 9 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 10 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 11 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 12 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 13 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 14 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 15 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 18 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 19 London city Best option for transit
- 20 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 21 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 22 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 23 Lucerne Switzerland
- 24 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 25 Central Europe itinerary