We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 2 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 3 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 4 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 5 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 6 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 7 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 8 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 9 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 10 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 11 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 12 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 13 Rocamaxour
- 14 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 15 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 18 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 19 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 20 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 21 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 22 Dordogne lodging
- 23 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 24 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 25 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina