We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 4 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 5 Christmas in Munich
- 6 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 7 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 8 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 9 Moving to Belfast
- 10 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 11 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 12 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 15 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 18 Luggage sizing
- 19 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 20 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 21 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 24 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 25 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid