We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 2 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 3 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 4 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 5 4 special meals, 2 GTGs, Benedict Cumberbatch and a Tattoo
- 6 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 7 Still another Normandy question
- 8 Weekend in Paris in October
- 9 In Barcelona...Montjuic
- 10 Around Geneva?
- 11 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 12 Cars in France
- 13 Rome/Florence
- 14 Paris
- 15 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 16 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 17 First European Vacation )
- 18 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 19 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 20 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 21 Where to go
- 22 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 23 London: Xmas Break Trip - One Week Itinerary
- 24 London theatre
- 25 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation