We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Xmas windows in London
- 2 Romance written with help from Fodorites
- 3 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 4 Stroller in Europe
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 7 Krakow on Christmas Day?
- 8 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 9 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 10 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 11 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 12 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 13 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 14 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 15 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 16 Holland/France/Spain
- 17 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 18 FindYourItaly Tour Company Reviews?
- 19 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 20 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 21 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 22 Car rental leaving Rome
- 23 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 24 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 25 Greece in March?