We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 2 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 3 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 4 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 5 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 6 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 7 Train from Lille to Delft
- 8 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 11 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 12 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 13 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 14 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 15 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 16 First Time Europe Trip
- 17 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 18 Amalfi or Positano
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 21 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 22 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 23 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 24 Tour or independent
- 25 Ireland Itinerary Help