We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel fan 220v?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 Guide in Russia
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 8 WWI Battlefields
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 17 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 18 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 19 Zadar or Sibenik
- 20 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 21 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 22 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 23 Rent a Car?
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna