We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sorrento as a lodging base
- 2 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 3 Italy in June/July
- 4 Best city in Europe to visit during winter
- 5 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 6 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 7 Train travel in Europe
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 9 Lipari Aeolian Islands
- 10 Tickets to Saints Chapelle Concerts
- 11 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 12 Train strikes - Spain
- 13 Alone in Paris
- 14 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 17 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 18 England/Scotland in January?
- 19 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 20 Is this possible in 16 days?
- 21 Greece/Turkey/Croatia
- 22 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 23 Sistine Chapel Visit in November
- 24 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 25 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu