We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 nearby cities to london
- 7 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 8 London hotel
- 9 Prague - Tram #22
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 16 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 17 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 18 Where to stay in Rome
- 19 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 24 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 25 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days