We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Rome - Stay in Parioli or Monteverde Nuovo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 2 Overnight Layover in Berlin
- 3 April in Madrid
- 4 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 5 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 6 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 7 How many days to stay in Madrid? (1st time travel to there..)
- 8 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 9 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 10 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 11 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 12 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 13 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 14 Trains Austria
- 15 Trains
- 16 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 17 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 20 Denmark cycle tour
- 21 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 22 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 23 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 24 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 25 Train from Sarlat