We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stamp from consulate instead of student visa?
- 2 Puglia and Matera
- 3 Grossglockner Road help
- 4 6 nights in Dublin
- 5 Trip planning--Portugal and Spain
- 6 Our first trip to Europe
- 7 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 8 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 9 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 10 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 11 Hotel/Hostel Recommendations
- 12 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 13 Charming town in Noway to visit?
- 14 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 15 Trip Report: Ghent, Normandy and Brittany
- 16 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 17 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 18 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 19 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 20 On foot Gibraltar queue
- 21 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 22 An ambitions plan for Andalusia
- 23 Venice: Shopping Question
- 24 Provence planning
- 25 Help with honeymoon itinerary - Paris, Barcelona and South of Spain