We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days in London
- 2 Lyon
- 3 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 4 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Santorini lodging
- 9 Milan private guide
- 10 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 11 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 12 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 13 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 14 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 15 Italian lakes
- 16 Ronda Wine/biking
- 17 What do after Bernia Express?
- 18 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 19 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 22 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Germany family road trip help!
- 25 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones