We continue planning our Italian adventure and are now looking at lodgings in Rome. We are trying to keep the price down as we ended up splurging a bit in Tuscany so we are looking at areas somewhat off the beaten path to stay in Rome. The two B&Bs we are currently looking at are Casa Eli Roma in the Monteverde Nuovo neighbourhood and Casa Pariolina in the Parioli neighbourhood. Both look to have good transport links into the city centre. We are coming into and leaving Rome by train (from Naples and to Oriveto I think) thus via Roma Termini. We know that neither of these places are close to the train station but thought it might be nice to stay in an area away from the Termini as I have read that it is affordable but not the most attractive part of town.
Both B&B's come highly recommended on the review websites, as do their hosts. We are looking for insight into either neighbourhood and/or other thoughts that might help us decide between these two places.
Thanks so much for your continued helpful advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 2 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 London Restaurants
- 7 Train tickets in Italy?
- 8 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 9 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 10 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 11 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 12 Corsica
- 13 17 days in England
- 14 VENICE
- 15 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 16 London best location
- 17 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 18 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 19 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 20 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 21 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 22 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 23 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 24 travel around Spain
- 25 Train up the Jungfrau