My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 6 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 7 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 11 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 12 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 13 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 14 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Salzburg itinerary review
- 19 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 20 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 21 weekend from cologne germany
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?