My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 2 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 3 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 4 Vet my itinerary
- 5 Public Transport information App/Website
- 6 Sienna with kids
- 7 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 10 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 11 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 12 First time to Ireland with young kids
- 13 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 14 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 15 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 16 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 17 Hotel advice
- 18 Tour or independent
- 19 Budir, Iceland
- 20 River Boat Cruise
- 21 where to stay in Malta
- 22 London with kids
- 23 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 24 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 25 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais