My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 help with Italy itinerary
- 2 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 3 Barcelona with baby
- 4 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 5 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 6 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 7 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 8 Norway fjord
- 9 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 10 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 11 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 16 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 17 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 18 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 19 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 20 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 21 Capri in July
- 22 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 23 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 24 Venice
- 25 London 2For1 question