My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 2 French Riviera
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 6 Europe itinerary
- 7 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 8 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 9 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 10 Ireland driving itinerary
- 11 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 12 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 13 England in a week - what's realistic
- 14 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 gare de nord
- 17 Do you recommend a walking tour of Trogir
- 18 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 19 Barcelona extension
- 20 Our time in Rome
- 21 Enjoying England for a year!
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 Madrid city centre?
- 24 Southern Italy
- 25 Stonehenge and Bath