My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Tuscany First Time
- 3 Iceland car rental agencies
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 7 Switzerland in October
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 2 days in Lugano area
- 13 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 14 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 15 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Recommendations
- 18 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 Paris- restaurant
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 4 nights in Provence, advice