My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 6 Christmas Day in Granada
- 7 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 8 car insurance italy
- 9 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 10 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 11 Venice/Mestre
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Transylvania - June 2018
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 18 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 19 Krakow
- 20 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 21 Quizz !
- 22 Pay attention to your watches !
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line