My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Rome & Southern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 2 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 3 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 4 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 5 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 6 UK for 12 days !
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 11 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Italy and Croatia 28 days
- 14 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 15 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 18 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 19 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 20 Travel with Teens
- 21 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 22 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 23 Snowboarding in Poland
- 24 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 25 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?