My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Rome & Southern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 2 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 7 Pronunciation
- 8 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 9 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 10 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 11 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 12 What to wear
- 13 3 Week Europe Itinerary Help
- 14 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 15 What still confounds you about travel?
- 16 Back home problems with sim card
- 17 How do you find French food?
- 18 Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence
- 19 GPS in Tuscany
- 20 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 21 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 22 italy
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 25 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.