My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 2 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 3 Verona or Athens?
- 4 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 5 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 6 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 7 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 8 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 9 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 10 European Cooking Secrets
- 11 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 12 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 13 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 14 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 15 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 16 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 17 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 18 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 19 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 20 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 21 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 22 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 25 Safe to bring jewelry onboard