My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 6 Scotland in 7 Days
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 9 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 10 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 13 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 19 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 22 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 23 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report