My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 Escargots in Paris
- 8 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 9 We're here!
- 10 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 11 Trip Ideas
- 12 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 13 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 17 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 18 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 19 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 20 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 21 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 22 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents