My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 2 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 3 Seville in late January
- 4 Norfolk base
- 5 Berlin restaurant recs
- 6 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 7 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 8 RFID Protection
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 11 Drinks in Spain
- 12 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 13 12 days europe
- 14 Beaches in Southern France
- 15 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 16 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 17 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 18 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 19 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 20 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 21 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 24 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 25 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.