My wife and I are considering a lengthy repositioning cruse next Spring (March-April 2014). We will hopefully end up in Rome or Athens (which could be a whole other issue) but for now we're trying to get our heads around Rome and moving south from there.
We would like to take 2-3 weeks to enjoy some areas such as Naples, Pompeii, Amalfie coast and beyond that were sort of out of our realm and would love to have ideas and a suggested itinerary of where to go and what to see and equally important is how to travel or get around as I don't want to drive in Italy.
We keep hearing of Malta and Messina if I'm saying that correctly but again have no idea if it's worth traveling that far south or the best way to get there...
We would really love your help to give us the benefit of your experience to enjoy our Italy adventure.
Pete & Sue
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Bath apartment
- 2 Baby Milk
- 3 Suggestions for Where to Stay in Bath
- 4 Super Cover For Hertz
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 7 Tour groups
- 8 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 20 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 22 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 23 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 24 French restaurants
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas