We are staying in a hotel on via Boncompagni ( It's near Borghese) . I realize it's not next door to restaurants mentioned in various threads near Pantheon, Fiori, Spanish Steps or Navona, and we'll be sure to check out some of the favorites (Armado al pantheon, Maccheroni, taverna dei Fori imperiale, Ditirambo, Casa Coppelle), when sight seeing in these areas, but.....I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a non-touristy, reasonable restaurant for dinner in our area - walking distance. We are definitely up for a little walk to get to it, but don't always want to trek across Rome just for dinner, after a full day. No-frills places are great too (if any exist in this area) or pizzerias, as we really appreciate a quality meal and we're not fussy about eating in an upscale place. I've read through all the Rome food theads & have the EatRome app as well. Thanks!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week driving in Bavaria
- 2 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 3 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 4 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 5 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 6 Camino Redux
- 7 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 8 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 9 Barcelona Hair Salon
- 10 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 11 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 12 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 13 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 14 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 17 Trans-Siberia Train
- 18 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 19 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 20 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 21 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 22 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 23 PLITVICE LAKES
- 24 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 25 help in planning itinerary to UK