We are staying in a hotel on via Boncompagni ( It's near Borghese) . I realize it's not next door to restaurants mentioned in various threads near Pantheon, Fiori, Spanish Steps or Navona, and we'll be sure to check out some of the favorites (Armado al pantheon, Maccheroni, taverna dei Fori imperiale, Ditirambo, Casa Coppelle), when sight seeing in these areas, but.....I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a non-touristy, reasonable restaurant for dinner in our area - walking distance. We are definitely up for a little walk to get to it, but don't always want to trek across Rome just for dinner, after a full day. No-frills places are great too (if any exist in this area) or pizzerias, as we really appreciate a quality meal and we're not fussy about eating in an upscale place. I've read through all the Rome food theads & have the EatRome app as well. Thanks!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 2 Lake Garda- Italy
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 5 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 6 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 7 Trains France/Switzerland
- 8 European Championship
- 9 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 10 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 11 Florence pass yeh or neh
- 12 Bursa/Iznik
- 13 Paris gtg in October?
- 14 Belgian airports
- 15 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 16 Romantic Restaurants in Venice and Sunset Gondola Ride spots
- 17 Is Venice overrated?
- 18 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 19 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 20 Greece Travel Advice
- 21 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 22 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 23 Brussels Airport
- 24 Traveling through Bucharest, Budapest, Zagreb and Belgrade
- 25 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested