Traveling to Rome and Paris Sept. 18th, (Rome first,) and wondering what the fashion "rules" are in those two cities. I am in Los Angeles so tend to wear summery clothes and sandals through October. But, it was not ok to wear sandals and white after Labor Day where I grew up, and I suspect some version of this might apply in fashionable European cities. I am thinking of taking a pair of lace-up ankle high boots, (very in for this fall,) a pair of Mephisto sandals for comfort/walking, and a pair of uggs that will double as slippers. I am also bringing a couple of pairs of jeans, and two long skirts that can double as dress and casual, a short dress, and a short skirt...The dress and skirts are not summer, but fairly lightweight. Will be wearing tights with the short dress and skirt...do these items fit with the fashion sense of Roman and Parisian women in early autum? And, might it be too warm for tights and denim?
Rome & Paris Fashion Late September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 2 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 3 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 4 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 5 A Week in Spain
- 6 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 7 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 8 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 11 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 12 Rocamaxour
- 13 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 14 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 15 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 16 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 17 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 18 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 19 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 20 France in 2003
- 21 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 22 Maratea
- 23 2 different itineraries
- 24 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 25 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice