Traveling to Rome and Paris Sept. 18th, (Rome first,) and wondering what the fashion "rules" are in those two cities. I am in Los Angeles so tend to wear summery clothes and sandals through October. But, it was not ok to wear sandals and white after Labor Day where I grew up, and I suspect some version of this might apply in fashionable European cities. I am thinking of taking a pair of lace-up ankle high boots, (very in for this fall,) a pair of Mephisto sandals for comfort/walking, and a pair of uggs that will double as slippers. I am also bringing a couple of pairs of jeans, and two long skirts that can double as dress and casual, a short dress, and a short skirt...The dress and skirts are not summer, but fairly lightweight. Will be wearing tights with the short dress and skirt...do these items fit with the fashion sense of Roman and Parisian women in early autum? And, might it be too warm for tights and denim?
Rome & Paris Fashion Late September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern Europe
- 2 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 3 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 4 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 5 Azores
- 6 Coffee in Naples
- 7 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 8 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 9 A Sardinia trip report
- 10 22 year olds in Europe
- 11 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 12 Granada
- 13 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 4 weeks in the UK
- 18 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 21 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 22 First time to Switzerland
- 23 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 24 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 25 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why