Traveling to Rome and Paris Sept. 18th, (Rome first,) and wondering what the fashion "rules" are in those two cities. I am in Los Angeles so tend to wear summery clothes and sandals through October. But, it was not ok to wear sandals and white after Labor Day where I grew up, and I suspect some version of this might apply in fashionable European cities. I am thinking of taking a pair of lace-up ankle high boots, (very in for this fall,) a pair of Mephisto sandals for comfort/walking, and a pair of uggs that will double as slippers. I am also bringing a couple of pairs of jeans, and two long skirts that can double as dress and casual, a short dress, and a short skirt...The dress and skirts are not summer, but fairly lightweight. Will be wearing tights with the short dress and skirt...do these items fit with the fashion sense of Roman and Parisian women in early autum? And, might it be too warm for tights and denim?
Rome & Paris Fashion Late September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 7 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 8 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 9 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 10 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 11 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 12 Luggage sizing
- 13 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 14 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 15 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 16 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 17 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 18 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 21 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 22 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 23 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!