Traveling to Rome and Paris Sept. 18th, (Rome first,) and wondering what the fashion "rules" are in those two cities. I am in Los Angeles so tend to wear summery clothes and sandals through October. But, it was not ok to wear sandals and white after Labor Day where I grew up, and I suspect some version of this might apply in fashionable European cities. I am thinking of taking a pair of lace-up ankle high boots, (very in for this fall,) a pair of Mephisto sandals for comfort/walking, and a pair of uggs that will double as slippers. I am also bringing a couple of pairs of jeans, and two long skirts that can double as dress and casual, a short dress, and a short skirt...The dress and skirts are not summer, but fairly lightweight. Will be wearing tights with the short dress and skirt...do these items fit with the fashion sense of Roman and Parisian women in early autum? And, might it be too warm for tights and denim?
Rome & Paris Fashion Late September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 2 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 3 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 4 Berlin: Itinerary & Acco help pls
- 5 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 6 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 7 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 8 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 9 Christmas Markets and White Christmas in the Alps
- 10 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 11 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 12 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 13 Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?
- 14 Florence Hotel Location advice pls
- 15 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 16 I went to Paris in June
- 17 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 18 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 19 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 20 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 21 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 22 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 Brugge photo on Bing
- 25 A week in the South of France Sept 2014