My girlfriend and I are planning our 9-day trip to Italy this June, and we'd love some advice.
We are having trouble deciding between these itineraries (traveling by train):
Rome -> Firenze -> Cinque Terre (3 days, 2 days, 4 days)
Rome -> Napoli/Pompei -> Amalfi Coast (3 days, 2 days, 4 days)
We'd love to visit Rome, so it's our starting point. An alternative that we're considering is Venice, Firenze, Cinque Terre. But then we'd miss Rome! On the other hand, we could get some beach time in Venice, I guess (Lido that is).
We're not huge hiking fans, but it'd be fun to try.
We'd love some relaxing or beach time as opposed to sightseeing and moving around all the time. A little bit of both would be optimal. Being very busy is not the goal; rather it is experience combined with relaxation.
I know I'm not providing a lot of information, and that it is a very subjective matter. But any advice or information would be wonderful, nonetheless.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 4 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 5 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 6 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 9 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 12 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 13 Shall we Gdansk?
- 14 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 17 Jewish Vienna
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 20 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 21 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 22 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 23 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 24 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip