My girlfriend and I are planning our 9-day trip to Italy this June, and we'd love some advice.
We are having trouble deciding between these itineraries (traveling by train):
Rome -> Firenze -> Cinque Terre (3 days, 2 days, 4 days)
Rome -> Napoli/Pompei -> Amalfi Coast (3 days, 2 days, 4 days)
We'd love to visit Rome, so it's our starting point. An alternative that we're considering is Venice, Firenze, Cinque Terre. But then we'd miss Rome! On the other hand, we could get some beach time in Venice, I guess (Lido that is).
We're not huge hiking fans, but it'd be fun to try.
We'd love some relaxing or beach time as opposed to sightseeing and moving around all the time. A little bit of both would be optimal. Being very busy is not the goal; rather it is experience combined with relaxation.
I know I'm not providing a lot of information, and that it is a very subjective matter. But any advice or information would be wonderful, nonetheless.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 3 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 4 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 5 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 10 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 11 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 12 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Rouen Tour Companies
- 15 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 16 Andalucia itinerary help
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 21 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 22 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city