My girlfriend and I are planning our 9-day trip to Italy this June, and we'd love some advice.
We are having trouble deciding between these itineraries (traveling by train):
Rome -> Firenze -> Cinque Terre (3 days, 2 days, 4 days)
Rome -> Napoli/Pompei -> Amalfi Coast (3 days, 2 days, 4 days)
We'd love to visit Rome, so it's our starting point. An alternative that we're considering is Venice, Firenze, Cinque Terre. But then we'd miss Rome! On the other hand, we could get some beach time in Venice, I guess (Lido that is).
We're not huge hiking fans, but it'd be fun to try.
We'd love some relaxing or beach time as opposed to sightseeing and moving around all the time. A little bit of both would be optimal. Being very busy is not the goal; rather it is experience combined with relaxation.
I know I'm not providing a lot of information, and that it is a very subjective matter. But any advice or information would be wonderful, nonetheless.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 2 Germany or Sweden
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 November in Rome
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Whathello Paris
- 8 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 11 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 17 Rome -- The next time around
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 23 Campania in June, July, September
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018