Myself & my boyfriend (both in our 30's and our 12 yr old) are going to Italy for 8 or 9 days, flying into Naples in mid August and out of Rome. (I know August is not ideal but it was our only option this year!)
Here is what we want to see near Naples:
Naples - Pompeii museum ( & see historical centre)
Amalfi (and boat trip along coast)
Ravello for the views
Capri if there is time (is it a must/ or too crowded in August?)
Some partial days by the pool/sea for the teenager!
I'm thinking 5 nights around Naples/Amalfi & 3 in Rome - is the the best split for what we want to see?
I have researched hotels for hours and while Sorrento is not calling to me I think is is the best base to see above and save time on travel?
Hotels with pools (whats left at this stage!) in Sorrento town seem overpriced and basic for our room budget (€130 - €160 per night) so I have begun to look at Sant'agata de gofii or Sant'Agnello meaning we have more chance of a pool/better teen friendly hotel with resturants in walking distance rather than staying in the hills of Sorrento and having to rely on shuttle buses to go for dinner etc, has anybody stayed in these areas with kids?
Is Massa Lubrensse just too far out for day trips?
Or would you suggest arriving in Naples (I've heard mixed review on the area) and staying there one night to see museum and Pompeii and then heading round to Amalfi and staying there for the 4 nights to travel around the coast?
I understand this will make it harder to get to Rome - boat to Salerno and then Train to Rome?
Sorry for all the questions, I just can't decide what is best!
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 2 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 3 travel around Spain
- 4 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 5 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 6 Charming areas to explore in London
- 7 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 8 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 9 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 10 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 11 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 12 Labor Day in Paris
- 13 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 14 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 15 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 16 Train up the Jungfrau
- 17 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』세부연예인카지노
- 18 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』생중계강원랜드카지노
- 19 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』공항카지노체험
- 20 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』국내카지노딜러
- 21 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』국내호텔카지노
- 22 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』나인플러스카지노
- 23 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』다모아카지노노하우
- 24 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』G카지노
- 25 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』강원도카지노