I have read (can't remember where but it was an older book) that it is possible to get needed written permission to go down into the Largo Argentina ruins.
About three weeks ago, I wrote a letter to who (I thought) was in charge requesting permission:
Ufficio Monumenti Antichi e Scavi
Via del Portico d’Ottavio 29
So far no answer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 2 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 Planning a European Trip
- 5 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 France, UK and Ireland
- 8 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 9 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 10 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Ireland
- 13 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 14 What do after Bernia Express?
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 17 10 day Italy
- 18 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 19 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 20 Santorini lodging
- 21 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 22 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 23 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 24 What to do at 7:00am
- 25 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?