I have read (can't remember where but it was an older book) that it is possible to get needed written permission to go down into the Largo Argentina ruins.
About three weeks ago, I wrote a letter to who (I thought) was in charge requesting permission:
Ufficio Monumenti Antichi e Scavi
Via del Portico d’Ottavio 29
So far no answer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Viking Sites
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Greece
- 8 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Paris advice with kids
- 11 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 15 Chania
- 16 Iceland car rental agencies
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 20 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 21 Ex-pats with young kids
- 22 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 25 Fly out Venice or Rome
Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?