Your previous advice has been so helpful I'd love to get some feedback on this: myself & my boyfriend and daughter will be in Rome in mid august. We will be arriving from Naples on a Monday lunchtime with a Thursday morning flight home...so I have had to narrow down what we can see as I am keen to wander & eat and relax before returning home.
We are based very near the Pantheon so I planned on seeing it as soon as we check in then walking to Trevi fountain, Spanish steps, then Piazza Navona on the first afternoon (break for lunch to get out of the heat too!) this loop seems to be just over 3k, this then leaves me with 2 full days.
Day 2: I want to see the Colloseum (I can get a 9.40am slot for the 70 min tour including the lower levels which I wouldn't mind seeing - but are not a deal breaker, €28 for adults €16.50 for child - is the guided tour worth the extra money?)
Day 3: I intend on seeing the Vatican & Sistine chapel on the Wednesday (I hear afternoon is a bit quieter? I will also pre-book a slot here) This also leaves the morning free to head to the market at Campo De' Fiori..
My question is should I buy the Roma Pass? I know it will not give me access to the Vatican and I will not be able to see the lower levels of the Colloseum with it either but is the free travel a bonus? I think we will walk a to most of the major sites as it seems compact? (maybe bus/tram to Vatican)
Unfortunately I don't think we will have time for both the Forum and Palatine hill (included in Colloseum price) as I am keen to allow some fun/gelato/ time for the teen!
I assumed I would be better off just paying for the sites I want to see direct but am now seeing conflicting threads on the value of the Roma pass...?
Also is there a reduction for Roma pass for a 13 yr old?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 "Doors of Italy", a free screensaver
- 4 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 5 From London to Paris to US
- 6 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 7 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 8 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 9 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 10 Manchester on derby weekend
- 11 Naples or Genoa
- 12 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 13 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 14 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 15 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 16 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 17 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Itinerary help please!
- 20 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 21 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 22 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 23 France to stop making foie grois
- 24 Holiday Itinerary
- 25 Car hire