Your previous advice has been so helpful I'd love to get some feedback on this: myself & my boyfriend and daughter will be in Rome in mid august. We will be arriving from Naples on a Monday lunchtime with a Thursday morning flight home...so I have had to narrow down what we can see as I am keen to wander & eat and relax before returning home.
We are based very near the Pantheon so I planned on seeing it as soon as we check in then walking to Trevi fountain, Spanish steps, then Piazza Navona on the first afternoon (break for lunch to get out of the heat too!) this loop seems to be just over 3k, this then leaves me with 2 full days.
Day 2: I want to see the Colloseum (I can get a 9.40am slot for the 70 min tour including the lower levels which I wouldn't mind seeing - but are not a deal breaker, €28 for adults €16.50 for child - is the guided tour worth the extra money?)
Day 3: I intend on seeing the Vatican & Sistine chapel on the Wednesday (I hear afternoon is a bit quieter? I will also pre-book a slot here) This also leaves the morning free to head to the market at Campo De' Fiori..
My question is should I buy the Roma Pass? I know it will not give me access to the Vatican and I will not be able to see the lower levels of the Colloseum with it either but is the free travel a bonus? I think we will walk a to most of the major sites as it seems compact? (maybe bus/tram to Vatican)
Unfortunately I don't think we will have time for both the Forum and Palatine hill (included in Colloseum price) as I am keen to allow some fun/gelato/ time for the teen!
I assumed I would be better off just paying for the sites I want to see direct but am now seeing conflicting threads on the value of the Roma pass...?
Also is there a reduction for Roma pass for a 13 yr old?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강원랜드카지노•• 売━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••売 강원랜드카지노
- 2 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 3 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 4 Scandinavia????
- 5 Venice to Positano
- 6 GPS vs Google Maps
- 7 Scotland Question
- 8 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 9 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 10 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 11 London Paris
- 12 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 13 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 14 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 15 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 16 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 17 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 18 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 19 The Rain in Spain and more
- 20 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 21 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 22 help with 21 days-croatia
- 23 Bavaria in August
- 24 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 25 Luggage on trains/security?