Your previous advice has been so helpful I'd love to get some feedback on this: myself & my boyfriend and daughter will be in Rome in mid august. We will be arriving from Naples on a Monday lunchtime with a Thursday morning flight home...so I have had to narrow down what we can see as I am keen to wander & eat and relax before returning home.
We are based very near the Pantheon so I planned on seeing it as soon as we check in then walking to Trevi fountain, Spanish steps, then Piazza Navona on the first afternoon (break for lunch to get out of the heat too!) this loop seems to be just over 3k, this then leaves me with 2 full days.
Day 2: I want to see the Colloseum (I can get a 9.40am slot for the 70 min tour including the lower levels which I wouldn't mind seeing - but are not a deal breaker, €28 for adults €16.50 for child - is the guided tour worth the extra money?)
Day 3: I intend on seeing the Vatican & Sistine chapel on the Wednesday (I hear afternoon is a bit quieter? I will also pre-book a slot here) This also leaves the morning free to head to the market at Campo De' Fiori..
My question is should I buy the Roma Pass? I know it will not give me access to the Vatican and I will not be able to see the lower levels of the Colloseum with it either but is the free travel a bonus? I think we will walk a to most of the major sites as it seems compact? (maybe bus/tram to Vatican)
Unfortunately I don't think we will have time for both the Forum and Palatine hill (included in Colloseum price) as I am keen to allow some fun/gelato/ time for the teen!
I assumed I would be better off just paying for the sites I want to see direct but am now seeing conflicting threads on the value of the Roma pass...?
Also is there a reduction for Roma pass for a 13 yr old?
Rome itinerary & Roma Pass - help please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport to Piraeus
- 2 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 3 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 4 Day trips from Seville
- 5 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 6 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 8 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 9 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 10 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 11 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 12 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 13 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 14 7 Nights in Paris
- 15 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?
- 16 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 17 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 18 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 19 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 20 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Riga 2014
- 23 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?