Wanting some advice on the following rough itinerary I have made for our first trip to Rome. We are a couple in our early twenties. We are wanting to wander and experience the city has to offer. We are not interested in art. We are staying at an Apartment from Rental In Rome (Via Della Pigna, 200m south of Pantheon). We plan on mostly walking everywhere (I will regret this when I am there wont I?!)
Wanting to see if anyone has any other suggestions to put into the itinerary or whether they days are planned well.
Saturday – September 14
-Arrive at Fiumicino Airport at 2:30PM from Paris
-Car service to our apartment (Offered through Rental in Rome for 50E)
-Explore the local area and have dinner
Sunday – September 15 - Explore!
-Campo de' Fiori
-Pantheon (free) (9am to sunset)
-Explore Trastevere area for afternoon and dinner
Monday – September 16
-8:30am Walks of Italy VIP Colosseum tour including Forum & Palatine Hill (79E each)(no bookings available on website yet)
-Relax at apartment
-Anywhere to check out at night??
Tuesday – September 17
-Free day. Open for suggestions
- Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini? (10E each)
Wednesday – September 18
-Castel Sant’Angelo (10.5E each)
-2:00PM Walks of Italy “Vatican Highlights – Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel” tour (54E each)
-Continue on to St Peters Basilica
Thursday – September 19 – Time to leave.
-Train to Venice @ Termini at 10:50am
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 2 Trains France/Switzerland
- 3 fear of driving in rome!
- 4 Italy trains question
- 5 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 6 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 7 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 8 Le Marche, Italy
- 9 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 10 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 13 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 16 European Championship
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 20 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 21 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 22 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 23 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 24 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 25 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center