Wanting some advice on the following rough itinerary I have made for our first trip to Rome. We are a couple in our early twenties. We are wanting to wander and experience the city has to offer. We are not interested in art. We are staying at an Apartment from Rental In Rome (Via Della Pigna, 200m south of Pantheon). We plan on mostly walking everywhere (I will regret this when I am there wont I?!)
Wanting to see if anyone has any other suggestions to put into the itinerary or whether they days are planned well.
Saturday – September 14
-Arrive at Fiumicino Airport at 2:30PM from Paris
-Car service to our apartment (Offered through Rental in Rome for 50E)
-Explore the local area and have dinner
Sunday – September 15 - Explore!
-Campo de' Fiori
-Pantheon (free) (9am to sunset)
-Explore Trastevere area for afternoon and dinner
Monday – September 16
-8:30am Walks of Italy VIP Colosseum tour including Forum & Palatine Hill (79E each)(no bookings available on website yet)
-Relax at apartment
-Anywhere to check out at night??
Tuesday – September 17
-Free day. Open for suggestions
- Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini? (10E each)
Wednesday – September 18
-Castel Sant’Angelo (10.5E each)
-2:00PM Walks of Italy “Vatican Highlights – Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel” tour (54E each)
-Continue on to St Peters Basilica
Thursday – September 19 – Time to leave.
-Train to Venice @ Termini at 10:50am
Thank you in advance!
Rome Itinerary Advice - 14/9 - 19/9
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 Dresden Train Station
- 5 Rome Accommodation
- 6 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 7 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 8 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 13 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 14 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 15 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 16 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 19 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 20 Greek islands from Turkey
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 rent car / Munich
- 23 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Italian Lakes gardens