Wanting some advice on the following rough itinerary I have made for our first trip to Rome. We are a couple in our early twenties. We are wanting to wander and experience the city has to offer. We are not interested in art. We are staying at an Apartment from Rental In Rome (Via Della Pigna, 200m south of Pantheon). We plan on mostly walking everywhere (I will regret this when I am there wont I?!)
Wanting to see if anyone has any other suggestions to put into the itinerary or whether they days are planned well.
Saturday – September 14
-Arrive at Fiumicino Airport at 2:30PM from Paris
-Car service to our apartment (Offered through Rental in Rome for 50E)
-Explore the local area and have dinner
Sunday – September 15 - Explore!
-Campo de' Fiori
-Pantheon (free) (9am to sunset)
-Explore Trastevere area for afternoon and dinner
Monday – September 16
-8:30am Walks of Italy VIP Colosseum tour including Forum & Palatine Hill (79E each)(no bookings available on website yet)
-Relax at apartment
-Anywhere to check out at night??
Tuesday – September 17
-Free day. Open for suggestions
- Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini? (10E each)
Wednesday – September 18
-Castel Sant’Angelo (10.5E each)
-2:00PM Walks of Italy “Vatican Highlights – Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel” tour (54E each)
-Continue on to St Peters Basilica
Thursday – September 19 – Time to leave.
-Train to Venice @ Termini at 10:50am
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Car Scam
- 2 Road trip with our dog
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 10 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 13 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 14 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 15 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 25 Douro Valley in January?