Has anyone done the skip the line tickets through the Vatican museum website. It looks like they allow you skip the queue, but for what? Skip the queue for buying the tickets? Skip the queue for getting in to the actual museum? Or both? If they only give you vouchers that allow you pick up your tickets, then don't you still have to stand in line to pick them up at the ticket booth?
I have been to the Sistine Chapel twice before, so I know that once you get in it is crowded and there are lines, etc. But I have never done the "skip the line" advance ticket purchase, so I was wondering what it actually allows you to do. If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate the input. I thought I had found an informative forum on the subject, but I can't seem to find it again. Thanks in advance....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?