My husband and I are going on a bit of a last minute trip to Italy (our 'honeymoon' - a few years late) We arrive and depart from Rome - (first few days there plus Venice and Cinque Terre are covered) but I've run out of steam trying to find something decent on short notice for our last night in Rome before a 9 am flight back to the States this June 7th (via Fiumicino). We'll be coming in by train probably fairly late (6-10pmish) from Cinque Terre so would like to be able to walk easily to and from Termini (10 mins?). I have heard this area is not the greatest but I think we can manage provided the hotel is secure. We are trying to stay under 150E. Normally I really don't mind budget hotels and since it is a matter of tight timing and we will probably be too tired to enjoy it, I should just book one of the options around, but I just can't get past not wanting our last night to be, 'blech, glad we're going home.' (It's his first time out of N. America and my first time booking such travel for more than myself as a carefree 20something) Any suggestions? (Beehive is full of course and I'm a little shy of their b&b listings)
Thanks for your ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Versailles
- 24 Where to enjoy Paris
- 25 Train help for Prague