I've always thought that the busy major thoroughfare running right by the Colosseum and ancient Roman Forum was a light on the atmosphere of such an archaeological area and I guess Rome's mayor does as well.
What do you think - it seems a valid point that the road is an essential connector that if done away with will cause monumental traffic snarls but still for world-class sites like the Colossseum and Forum I think having those in a more serene location is great - and I've always thought the Schlock allowed in front of the colosseum - especially all the vendors selling bird seed, fake birds, etc and faux gladiators posing for pictures for a fee with tourists was tacky as well - not having been to Rome for a few years I wonder if that tacky things are also still allowed?
What do you think about the Mayor of Rome's plans?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED : BROTHER SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:888-279-0246 BROTHER PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Help on ancient history route
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Studying art in English in venice
- 6 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 7 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 11 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 17 French language immersion schools in France
- 18 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Trogir or Split
Rome - Hot Debate Over Mayor's Plan to Make Colosseum a Pedestrain Zone!