We'll be visiting Rome for the first time at the end of August but only have 2.5 days. One of the things we love to do when exploring a new city is to take a bus tour to get an overview of the place and then return to the sites of interest later on. I'm thinking this might be a good way to ease into our first day to try and shake off the jet lag. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has done one of these tours and any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, I understand the city buses offer a hop on/off service. Just wondering if these are comparable to the private tours or better/worse. Many thanks for any help.
Rome - hop on/off bus tour - any recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 2 one last portugal car rental question
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 6 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 7 Europe in 21 days
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 10 Street food in Turkey
- 11 Dublin Hostels
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 15 Spain Questions
- 16 9 days in turkey
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 21 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 22 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 Mont St Michel
- 25 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland