We are planning a trip to Italy in September, 2013. We were there a few years ago and visited Rome and the Amalfi Coast and did it on our own and had a wonderful time. Even the planning was fun. We took a private car service and everything went well, although ultra expensive. We are thinking of taking a tour because it is easier to travel around, but don't want to be told where and when to go. Can anyone recommend a tour that would just transport us or should we try to do it on our own again. My husband is not happy about getting a car because he doesn't think he would be comfortable driving since we don't understand the language. We want to go to Rome, Florence and Venice with a side trip to Padua. Any suggestions on how we should do this?
Rome, Florence, Venice, Tour or on our own
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 2 Solo train travel in Germany
- 3 Italian Riviera Planning
- 4 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 5 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 6 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 7 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 8 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 9 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 10 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 11 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 12 One island on way from Greece to Turkey
- 13 Romania: 8 to 9 day tour tips/suggestions
- 14 Car hire in Turkey
- 15 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 16 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 17 Barcelona to San Sebastián etc....or???
- 18 Augsburg with kids
- 19 Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands, England - Itinerary and Rail Travel ?
- 20 italian law regarding air conditioning in September?
- 21 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 22 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 23 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 24 any luggage storage/lockers at Gare du Nord?
- 25 Car Rental form Baia Mare or Sighet?