We are planning a trip to Italy in September, 2013. We were there a few years ago and visited Rome and the Amalfi Coast and did it on our own and had a wonderful time. Even the planning was fun. We took a private car service and everything went well, although ultra expensive. We are thinking of taking a tour because it is easier to travel around, but don't want to be told where and when to go. Can anyone recommend a tour that would just transport us or should we try to do it on our own again. My husband is not happy about getting a car because he doesn't think he would be comfortable driving since we don't understand the language. We want to go to Rome, Florence and Venice with a side trip to Padua. Any suggestions on how we should do this?
Rome, Florence, Venice, Tour or on our own
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 2 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 3 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 4 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 7 Central Europe itinerary
- 8 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 9 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 10 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 11 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 12 at what point should one get health insurance
- 13 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 14 Lucerne Switzerland
- 15 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 16 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 17 Europe in December for 10 days
- 18 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 19 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 20 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 21 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 22 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 23 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 24 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 25 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years