I am taking my first trip to Italy this summer and I can't wait! Here is my itinerary:
12 - 15 August: Rome
16 - 19 August: Florence
20 - 22 August: Venice
23 - 25 August: Paris
I have booked my accommodation and I am travelling by train between destinations.
Firstly, as I have never been to Italy before, what are your recommendations of places to see and where to go? I enjoy food, drink and soaking up the atmosphere. Ticking things off a to do list is not my idea of holiday heaven.
Secondly, as a solo female traveller (29), does anyone have anyone have any ideas what I can do of an evening? I am staying in hostels mainly and I am sure that I will meet other people whilst I am there but I don't want to miss out on the evening time just because I am travelling alone and I also want to be safe.
Any advice / tips appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Rome - Florence - Venice - Paris :: 2 weeks, solo female traveller
- 1 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 2 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 3 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 4 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 5 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 6 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 7 Help for first timers
- 8 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 9 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 10 Affordable London Hotel
- 11 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 12 Parisian Pickpockets
- 13 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 14 Paris Ticket t+
- 15 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 16 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 17 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 18 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 19 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 20 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 21 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 22 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 23 Benita In Paris
- 24 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 25 Driving through Europe