I am taking my first trip to Italy this summer and I can't wait! Here is my itinerary:
12 - 15 August: Rome
16 - 19 August: Florence
20 - 22 August: Venice
23 - 25 August: Paris
I have booked my accommodation and I am travelling by train between destinations.
Firstly, as I have never been to Italy before, what are your recommendations of places to see and where to go? I enjoy food, drink and soaking up the atmosphere. Ticking things off a to do list is not my idea of holiday heaven.
Secondly, as a solo female traveller (29), does anyone have anyone have any ideas what I can do of an evening? I am staying in hostels mainly and I am sure that I will meet other people whilst I am there but I don't want to miss out on the evening time just because I am travelling alone and I also want to be safe.
Any advice / tips appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 10 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 11 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 12 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 13 Greece
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like
Rome - Florence - Venice - Paris :: 2 weeks, solo female traveller