I am excited to return to Rome 27 Dec - 3 Jan! Is there anything special I should be aware of during this time? If most restaurants are closed New Years Day do you have a suggestion on where to eat? I was last there about five years ago during the week leading up to Christmas and missed out on a few things--will the Christmas Mkts be closed? Also, I hope to make a couple of day trips from Rome so if you have advice on the trains during this time (I have used them before) that would be helpful and most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Rome during the New Year
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 5 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 11 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 12 Hey Fodor's
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 15 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 16 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 17 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 18 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 19 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 20 Advice please...
- 21 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 22 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 23 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 24 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 25 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland