My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do on drive from Garmisch to Munich for a full day
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 4 Paris apartment choices?
- 5 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 6 Hey Fodor's
- 7 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 8 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 9 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 10 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 11 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 12 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 13 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 14 Olive Oil
- 15 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 16 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 17 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 18 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 19 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 20 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 21 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 22 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 23 Gift for French business associate
- 24 Dresden- tea towel
- 25 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?