My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 4 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 5 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 8 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 9 Paris and where else?
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 12 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 13 Eleanor's Pages
- 14 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 15 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 18 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 19 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 20 Internet or travel agent?
- 21 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 22 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 23 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 24 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 25 Aran Islands in wintertime