My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reykjavik hotels
- 2 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 5 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 6 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 7 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 9 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 10 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 11 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 12 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 13 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 14 Norway 2014
- 15 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 18 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 19 I dream of Europe
- 20 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 21 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 22 First Time to UK since 2001
- 23 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 24 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 25 Backpacking Europe in the Winter