My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 2 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 3 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 4 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 5 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 6 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 7 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 8 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 9 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 10 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 11 First time in Ireland...have just 5 days to see a lot! Need advice
- 12 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 13 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?
- 14 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 15 Saone River Burgundy self-drive barge need itinerary
- 16 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 17 Hotels in old Rome
- 18 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 19 Car rental at Athens airport
- 20 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 21 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 22 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 23 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 24 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 25 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?