My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 days in Germany
- 2 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 3 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 6 Nice or Marseille??
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 9 Rome---August and September
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 12 South of France November Trip Report
- 13 Dresden or Leipzig
- 14 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 Moving to Belfast
- 23 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June