My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
View all Europe activity »
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 3 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 4 British drivers
- 5 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Prague Main Train Station
- 8 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 9 Spain Travel
- 10 Venice in Jan
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 13 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 14 Southern France
- 15 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 16 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Public transport from Ostuni
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 25 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?