My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 3 Lucerne Switzerland
- 4 2 weeks in Spain
- 5 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 6 4 Months in Europe
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 9 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 10 at what point should one get health insurance
- 11 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 12 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 13 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 14 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 15 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 16 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 17 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 18 Wines charted by flavor
- 19 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 20 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 21 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 22 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 23 Spain in November
- 24 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 25 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss