My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 2 Best way to travel between Heathrow and Paris
- 3 SE Turkey how safe in Harran, Sanliurfa, Mardin ?
- 4 Advice on Turkey Itinerary
- 5 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 6 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 7 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 8 scotland trave;
- 9 Italy for 5 nights!
- 10 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 11 Paris Bastille Day
- 12 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 13 May 2015 switzerland weather
- 14 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 15 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 16 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 17 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 18 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 19 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 20 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 21 River Cruise
- 22 Potential trip - Balkans
- 23 car rental agency
- 24 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 25 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access