My wife and I will be traveling to Rome at the end of April. After doing some research, I realized we will be there on May 1st, labor day. I have read that many shops and businesses will be closed. I was wondering if anyone had more information. I know the Vatican museum will be closed that day, will other tourist attractions be closed as well? Will restaurants and bars be closed? I read about a free concert which is held that day but what else is there to do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rome during labor day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 3 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 4 car rental advice in Portugal
- 5 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 6 Fjords, How To?
- 7 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 8 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 9 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 10 Duoro river cruises
- 11 What to wear
- 12 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 13 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 14 Budget for 3 Month's
- 15 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 16 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 17 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 18 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 19 Suggestions for trip to England with preteen girls 11 & 13?
- 20 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 21 Traveling in France by train
- 22 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 23 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 24 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 25 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc