Yup the first full complete wash up since it was built this Wall Street Journal article says.
Unfortunately scaffolding will be up on parts of it until 2016.
A good thing is that there will be a proper Visitors' Center created.
Hopefully the cleansing wil include giving the broom to all those various tacky sales of stuff right outside its entrance - those tacky flying metal birds, bird seed and hopefully IMO those fake gladiators who posed for pictures for pay will be swept away as well.
Anyway the Colosseum should soon shine unlike it has for ages.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 9 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 10 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 11 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 12 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Engadine Valley help
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Naples, Italy
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 21 French restaurants
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees