Yup the first full complete wash up since it was built this Wall Street Journal article says.
Unfortunately scaffolding will be up on parts of it until 2016.
A good thing is that there will be a proper Visitors' Center created.
Hopefully the cleansing wil include giving the broom to all those various tacky sales of stuff right outside its entrance - those tacky flying metal birds, bird seed and hopefully IMO those fake gladiators who posed for pictures for pay will be swept away as well.
Anyway the Colosseum should soon shine unlike it has for ages.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 2 Flat in London
- 3 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 4 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 7 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 8 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 9 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 10 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 11 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 12 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 13 One night in Rome
- 14 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 15 Trip to Rome
- 16 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 17 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 18 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 19 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 20 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 21 Do you travel with linen clothes?
- 22 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 23 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Provence best farmstays!!??