Yup the first full complete wash up since it was built this Wall Street Journal article says.
Unfortunately scaffolding will be up on parts of it until 2016.
A good thing is that there will be a proper Visitors' Center created.
Hopefully the cleansing wil include giving the broom to all those various tacky sales of stuff right outside its entrance - those tacky flying metal birds, bird seed and hopefully IMO those fake gladiators who posed for pictures for pay will be swept away as well.
Anyway the Colosseum should soon shine unlike it has for ages.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Lake Como AREA questions
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 10 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 11 Spain - day driver advice
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 16 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 19 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 23 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 24 Madrird and Seville
- 25 Greece