We booked a trip at the end of September to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. We plan to spend 2 full days at the beginning of our trip in Rome and then head to the Amalfi Coast where we rented an Airbnb in Conca Dei Marini for 6 nights. We fly out of Rome so will head back up a day before our flight.
My questions to you, the experienced travelers, are...
1. Should we rent a car in Rome to drive to the Amalfi coast (airbnb has a private parking spot included) or take the train to naples and then the 2 buses to get to the Amalfi? And then rely on buses to get around to the other towns (amalfi, Ravello, Positano, etc)?
2. If we do rent a car and drive, are there public parking spots that are easy to park in around town if we do drive along the coast to see the other towns? Or will a car be a hassle to deal with?
3. Is Pompeii worth seeing over a day visit?
4. Best pizza place in Naples?
5. Any other recommendations?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 2 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 3 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 9 Murren to Prague
- 10 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 11 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Le Marche Research Help
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Need Information about French Alps
- 21 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 France Itinerary Advice
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?