We booked a trip at the end of September to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. We plan to spend 2 full days at the beginning of our trip in Rome and then head to the Amalfi Coast where we rented an Airbnb in Conca Dei Marini for 6 nights. We fly out of Rome so will head back up a day before our flight.
My questions to you, the experienced travelers, are...
1. Should we rent a car in Rome to drive to the Amalfi coast (airbnb has a private parking spot included) or take the train to naples and then the 2 buses to get to the Amalfi? And then rely on buses to get around to the other towns (amalfi, Ravello, Positano, etc)?
2. If we do rent a car and drive, are there public parking spots that are easy to park in around town if we do drive along the coast to see the other towns? Or will a car be a hassle to deal with?
3. Is Pompeii worth seeing over a day visit?
4. Best pizza place in Naples?
5. Any other recommendations?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Language to use in Belgium
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 9 WWI sites
- 10 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 Paris in August
- 13 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 14 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 15 Christmas in Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Brussels flower tapestry
- 18 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 19 Lake Como,Italy
- 20 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 21 Valencia Spain
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 24 Places to visit from Zurich
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP