We booked a trip at the end of September to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. We plan to spend 2 full days at the beginning of our trip in Rome and then head to the Amalfi Coast where we rented an Airbnb in Conca Dei Marini for 6 nights. We fly out of Rome so will head back up a day before our flight.
My questions to you, the experienced travelers, are...
1. Should we rent a car in Rome to drive to the Amalfi coast (airbnb has a private parking spot included) or take the train to naples and then the 2 buses to get to the Amalfi? And then rely on buses to get around to the other towns (amalfi, Ravello, Positano, etc)?
2. If we do rent a car and drive, are there public parking spots that are easy to park in around town if we do drive along the coast to see the other towns? Or will a car be a hassle to deal with?
3. Is Pompeii worth seeing over a day visit?
4. Best pizza place in Naples?
5. Any other recommendations?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 2 Juangfrau / mt
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!