We booked a trip at the end of September to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. We plan to spend 2 full days at the beginning of our trip in Rome and then head to the Amalfi Coast where we rented an Airbnb in Conca Dei Marini for 6 nights. We fly out of Rome so will head back up a day before our flight.
My questions to you, the experienced travelers, are...
1. Should we rent a car in Rome to drive to the Amalfi coast (airbnb has a private parking spot included) or take the train to naples and then the 2 buses to get to the Amalfi? And then rely on buses to get around to the other towns (amalfi, Ravello, Positano, etc)?
2. If we do rent a car and drive, are there public parking spots that are easy to park in around town if we do drive along the coast to see the other towns? Or will a car be a hassle to deal with?
3. Is Pompeii worth seeing over a day visit?
4. Best pizza place in Naples?
5. Any other recommendations?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 8 Iceland trip report!
- 9 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 Bernese Oberland
- 12 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 13 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 14 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 17 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 18 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 19 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Moscow Favorites
- 23 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 Life's most embarrassing moments