Monday Feb. 25:
We are staying in the Veneto area about 5 min. from the Spanish Steps. This is our first time to Rome. We are a mid 50's aged couple who want to have a little adventure mixed in with history, museums, ect....really looking forward to some good gelato and finding restaurants off the main roads where the kind people at the place we are staying are happy to set us up with reservations. I am open to any suggestions. Most bike tours start at 10am and also the cooking class so that's why I don't have anything planned before that time in the morning.
Arrive FCO at 755, check in at hotel. Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Villa Borghese Park
Tuesday Feb. 26:
10am 3 hour Bike Tour, Pantheon, Colosseum Roman Forum, Palatine Hill
Wed. Feb. 27:
Attend the Pope’s last Papal Audience 1030, Galleria Borghese, Piazza Navona,
Stroll the Trastavere area to explore, Campo de Fiori
Thurs. Feb. 28:
815 Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s tour, Castel San Angelo
Fri March 1:
Train to Florence for day trip
Sat. March 2:
1000 Cooking Class, Catacombs, Capitoline
Sun. March 3:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 4 Switzerland Hotels
- 5 Florence and Rome
- 6 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 7 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 8 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 9 Amalfi October 16-25
- 10 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 11 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 12 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 13 21 nights in England, please help
- 14 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 15 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 18 Trip report European honeymoon
- 19 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 20 Sentimental Journey
- 21 Need advice on Greek islands
- 22 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 23 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 24 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 25 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
Monday Feb. 25: