I just read about the Holy Year 2016 proclaimed by Pope Francis. Some reports mentioned figures of 20 million tourists descending on Rome for various celebrations (good grief that's a lot of people!)
Has anyone experienced this before? What will be the impact of all this if you're flying into FCO and trying to catch a train to some other city? (The last Holy Year was 2000, I think.)
We are just beginning to think about a trip in June to Naples, the Amalfi Coast, Capri and other places to the south but I'm wondering if getting through Rome is going to be tough.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 토토총판 총판토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Madrird and Seville
- 10 Greece
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 14 Lake Como AREA questions
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Spain - day driver advice
Rome 2016 - Holy Year - impact on getting into/out of city?