I just read about the Holy Year 2016 proclaimed by Pope Francis. Some reports mentioned figures of 20 million tourists descending on Rome for various celebrations (good grief that's a lot of people!)
Has anyone experienced this before? What will be the impact of all this if you're flying into FCO and trying to catch a train to some other city? (The last Holy Year was 2000, I think.)
We are just beginning to think about a trip in June to Naples, the Amalfi Coast, Capri and other places to the south but I'm wondering if getting through Rome is going to be tough.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 오션 ≪접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 2 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 3 Interesting places to visit
- 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 5 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 8 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 9 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 10 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
Rome 2016 - Holy Year - impact on getting into/out of city?