We are getting married in late Jan 2016 (yayy!) and intend to take a 2-week honeymoon in end Jan - early Feb.
We are both in early 30s, vegetarians, teetotallers. We haven’t been together for long but have found a soul-mate in each other. Because we constantly wish if only we could have met earlier and the entire courtship period and next couple of years are going to be a compressed version of things going very fast and because my dear fiancé gets hardly 3 weeks annual leave, we wish to make the most of this vacation together.
I have travelled a bit in Europe (Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Perugia, Amalfi, Madrid, Segovia, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Barcelona). I love Europe, especially Italy and I love travelling. My dear fiancé hasn’t travelled much in life in general and hasn’t been to Europe (except staying in London for work for few months), but he is very excited about travelling.
I love nature, culture, history & art, food, landscapes, immersing in local culture, taking long walks in the city centre, cooking classes, cycling, etc. He is not much into museums and art but loves nature, beach, lakes, playing guitar, Spanish music, long walks, food, hiking, skiing, etc.
Coming to the point, we are open to any destination(s) within Europe as long as it is romantic. Ideally if I could avoid going to places I have already visited, that would be nice. Else given a choice I'd keep going back to Italy year after year!! I want the vacation to be super romantic but also it is his first trip to Europe. Based on the weather in Feb and romantic nature of the trip, could the helpful posters here suggest some itinerary or highlight romantic places to include?
Thanks a lot for your patience in reading my post.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan or Turin
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 4 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!