We are getting married in late Jan 2016 (yayy!) and intend to take a 2-week honeymoon in end Jan - early Feb.
We are both in early 30s, vegetarians, teetotallers. We haven’t been together for long but have found a soul-mate in each other. Because we constantly wish if only we could have met earlier and the entire courtship period and next couple of years are going to be a compressed version of things going very fast and because my dear fiancé gets hardly 3 weeks annual leave, we wish to make the most of this vacation together.
I have travelled a bit in Europe (Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Perugia, Amalfi, Madrid, Segovia, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Barcelona). I love Europe, especially Italy and I love travelling. My dear fiancé hasn’t travelled much in life in general and hasn’t been to Europe (except staying in London for work for few months), but he is very excited about travelling.
I love nature, culture, history & art, food, landscapes, immersing in local culture, taking long walks in the city centre, cooking classes, cycling, etc. He is not much into museums and art but loves nature, beach, lakes, playing guitar, Spanish music, long walks, food, hiking, skiing, etc.
Coming to the point, we are open to any destination(s) within Europe as long as it is romantic. Ideally if I could avoid going to places I have already visited, that would be nice. Else given a choice I'd keep going back to Italy year after year!! I want the vacation to be super romantic but also it is his first trip to Europe. Based on the weather in Feb and romantic nature of the trip, could the helpful posters here suggest some itinerary or highlight romantic places to include?
Thanks a lot for your patience in reading my post.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Europe itinerary questions
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Earthquake near Naples
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 3nights in Venice
- 7 Munich itinerary review
- 8 13 nights in switzerland
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Football Tickets - Athens
- 13 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Salzburg itinerary review
- 16 Positano or Sorrento?
- 17 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 18 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 19 Globus Iberian Tour
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 Paris in November
- 22 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 23 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 24 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 25 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!