I and my group of 3, are in Romania for 6 days (april end) arriving in Bucharest (2pm) and leaving for Budapest on the last night (Train). We like medevial places, nature, old towns. Not so much into pubs/museums. Dont have an international license, but guess chauffeur driven tours are economical in Romania.
No plans to stay in Bucharest. I would like to stay in one of Sighisoara/Sibiu/Brasov. Sighisoara seems nice but many threads suggest Brasov/Sibiu. Beyond the Sighisoara town, Would like to cover a medivial village, transfargan, draculas castle and a short hike (if doable for my pregnant wife).
Would like to explore one or both of Maramures / Buchovina if time permits. The rail times look really odd, not sure how good/expensive a chauffeur driven cab can be. If I go via road, guess I would spend most of my time on road. Not sure how good the scenery around the road is.
Thanks for the recommendations,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 First time in London
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 7 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 8 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 9 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 10 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 11 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 12 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 16 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 17 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 18 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 19 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 20 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 21 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Day trips around Vienna
- 24 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 25 Praiano hotel question