I and my group of 3, are in Romania for 6 days (april end) arriving in Bucharest (2pm) and leaving for Budapest on the last night (Train). We like medevial places, nature, old towns. Not so much into pubs/museums. Dont have an international license, but guess chauffeur driven tours are economical in Romania.
No plans to stay in Bucharest. I would like to stay in one of Sighisoara/Sibiu/Brasov. Sighisoara seems nice but many threads suggest Brasov/Sibiu. Beyond the Sighisoara town, Would like to cover a medivial village, transfargan, draculas castle and a short hike (if doable for my pregnant wife).
Would like to explore one or both of Maramures / Buchovina if time permits. The rail times look really odd, not sure how good/expensive a chauffeur driven cab can be. If I go via road, guess I would spend most of my time on road. Not sure how good the scenery around the road is.
Thanks for the recommendations,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 2 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 3 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 4 London Theater
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 9 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 10 Greece mainland and islands
- 11 Lyon france-- rental car
- 12 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 19 milano trip
- 20 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 21 Milan and Lake Como
- 22 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip