I and my group of 3, are in Romania for 6 days (april end) arriving in Bucharest (2pm) and leaving for Budapest on the last night (Train). We like medevial places, nature, old towns. Not so much into pubs/museums. Dont have an international license, but guess chauffeur driven tours are economical in Romania.
No plans to stay in Bucharest. I would like to stay in one of Sighisoara/Sibiu/Brasov. Sighisoara seems nice but many threads suggest Brasov/Sibiu. Beyond the Sighisoara town, Would like to cover a medivial village, transfargan, draculas castle and a short hike (if doable for my pregnant wife).
Would like to explore one or both of Maramures / Buchovina if time permits. The rail times look really odd, not sure how good/expensive a chauffeur driven cab can be. If I go via road, guess I would spend most of my time on road. Not sure how good the scenery around the road is.
Thanks for the recommendations,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pay attention to your watches !
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 5 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 8 car insurance italy
- 9 auto europa or auto europe?
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 15 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.