I and my group of 3, are in Romania for 6 days (april end) arriving in Bucharest (2pm) and leaving for Budapest on the last night (Train). We like medevial places, nature, old towns. Not so much into pubs/museums. Dont have an international license, but guess chauffeur driven tours are economical in Romania.
No plans to stay in Bucharest. I would like to stay in one of Sighisoara/Sibiu/Brasov. Sighisoara seems nice but many threads suggest Brasov/Sibiu. Beyond the Sighisoara town, Would like to cover a medivial village, transfargan, draculas castle and a short hike (if doable for my pregnant wife).
Would like to explore one or both of Maramures / Buchovina if time permits. The rail times look really odd, not sure how good/expensive a chauffeur driven cab can be. If I go via road, guess I would spend most of my time on road. Not sure how good the scenery around the road is.
Thanks for the recommendations,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 4 2017 Easter in Italy
- 5 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Croatia transportation question.
- 11 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 17 Westerplatte
- 18 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 19 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 20 Cutback on Spain trip
- 21 Bernina Express mid-March
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 Biarritz family holiday
- 25 Ireland hotel questions