I'd really appreciate comments/tips on our planned road trip in Europe this Summer.
My wife, 3 daughters (ages 9, 11 & 12) & I will be flying to Nice, France in Mid August and be returning after 15 days from Munich. I rented a car for the whole trip and we're already decided to spend 3 days in the Cote D'Zour area then drive to Cique terre to spend 2 days. We also decided to spend the last 3 days in Munich.
The question is how to plan the 7 days between both ends of our trip. We thought of 2 options, 1st in to drive from the Cique terre to Venice to spend 1 day only then drive to lake Como to spend 2-3 days then end it up with a visit the Neuschwanstein castle (we figured 1 night is enough here) before we move to our final destination, Munich. Our 2nd option was to go from Cique terre to Florence to spend 2 days then a 1 day visit to Venice then drive north to Vienna with a 1 day stop in Graz and possibly stop over by Hallstatt in our way to Vienna. With this route we plan to spend 2-3 days in Vienna then drive west to Munich. Does that sounds too ambitious? I estimated most of the drives between the different points are within 2-3 hours so should not be to bad.
Thank you, Sam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 7 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 8 Helpful Hint
- 9 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each