I'd really appreciate comments/tips on our planned road trip in Europe this Summer.
My wife, 3 daughters (ages 9, 11 & 12) & I will be flying to Nice, France in Mid August and be returning after 15 days from Munich. I rented a car for the whole trip and we're already decided to spend 3 days in the Cote D'Zour area then drive to Cique terre to spend 2 days. We also decided to spend the last 3 days in Munich.
The question is how to plan the 7 days between both ends of our trip. We thought of 2 options, 1st in to drive from the Cique terre to Venice to spend 1 day only then drive to lake Como to spend 2-3 days then end it up with a visit the Neuschwanstein castle (we figured 1 night is enough here) before we move to our final destination, Munich. Our 2nd option was to go from Cique terre to Florence to spend 2 days then a 1 day visit to Venice then drive north to Vienna with a 1 day stop in Graz and possibly stop over by Hallstatt in our way to Vienna. With this route we plan to spend 2-3 days in Vienna then drive west to Munich. Does that sounds too ambitious? I estimated most of the drives between the different points are within 2-3 hours so should not be to bad.
Thank you, Sam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 3 Dog friendly hotels
- 4 Vacation
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Cambridge in May
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Madrid/Lisbon
- 15 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 18 Day trips around Vienna
- 19 Greek fuel cost
- 20 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 21 Killarney
- 22 Walking itinerary in England?
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?