I'm planning a trip to Sweden for some time now. I wanted initially to focus more on visiting urban areas, as it seemed the best way to get a glimpse of today's Swedish culture and lifestyle, but in the meantime things changed. Right now I'm thinking about replanning my trip, and want to make it something like a cross-country roadtrip (right now I don't know for sure what my budget is, so this could change).
Recently I stumbled upon an article (https://story.visitsweden.com/meet-the-original-hipsters/) about a textile printer, a glassblower and a crispbread (some kind of traditional Swedish bread) baker, and I realized that during my visit I want to focus on seeing and maybe meeting a lot of people who have professions that may seem irremediably and painfully outdated, but that are still able to create value (Just ask my family about their opinion on my watchmaking hobby...).
So, the big question is: is here anyone from Sweden who could point me in the right direction, or are here any members, who visited Sweden already and maybe have some experiences that could be relevant for me? Or at least someone who could suggest some other professions of interest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice