I'm planning a trip to Sweden for some time now. I wanted initially to focus more on visiting urban areas, as it seemed the best way to get a glimpse of today's Swedish culture and lifestyle, but in the meantime things changed. Right now I'm thinking about replanning my trip, and want to make it something like a cross-country roadtrip (right now I don't know for sure what my budget is, so this could change).
Recently I stumbled upon an article (https://story.visitsweden.com/meet-the-original-hipsters/) about a textile printer, a glassblower and a crispbread (some kind of traditional Swedish bread) baker, and I realized that during my visit I want to focus on seeing and maybe meeting a lot of people who have professions that may seem irremediably and painfully outdated, but that are still able to create value (Just ask my family about their opinion on my watchmaking hobby...).
So, the big question is: is here anyone from Sweden who could point me in the right direction, or are here any members, who visited Sweden already and maybe have some experiences that could be relevant for me? Or at least someone who could suggest some other professions of interest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 3 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 4 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 Paris day trips August
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 12 Transportation from Brno train station
- 13 Petrol in Greece
- 14 Where to enjoy Paris
- 15 Acorn TV
- 16 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 17 Athens
- 18 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 19 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 20 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 23 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 24 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 25 We're here!