I'm planning a trip to Sweden for some time now. I wanted initially to focus more on visiting urban areas, as it seemed the best way to get a glimpse of today's Swedish culture and lifestyle, but in the meantime things changed. Right now I'm thinking about replanning my trip, and want to make it something like a cross-country roadtrip (right now I don't know for sure what my budget is, so this could change).
Recently I stumbled upon an article (https://story.visitsweden.com/meet-the-original-hipsters/) about a textile printer, a glassblower and a crispbread (some kind of traditional Swedish bread) baker, and I realized that during my visit I want to focus on seeing and maybe meeting a lot of people who have professions that may seem irremediably and painfully outdated, but that are still able to create value (Just ask my family about their opinion on my watchmaking hobby...).
So, the big question is: is here anyone from Sweden who could point me in the right direction, or are here any members, who visited Sweden already and maybe have some experiences that could be relevant for me? Or at least someone who could suggest some other professions of interest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 3 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 4 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 5 SNCF - low price for summer
- 6 Trip in September
- 7 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 8 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 9 Light weight small converter?
- 10 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 11 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 12 favorite app for converting US $$
- 13 Positano Surprise
- 14 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 15 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 16 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 17 Best of Norway
- 18 Escorted tours Norway
- 19 Munich Hotel Location
- 20 Small towns not too near Paris
- 21 Car rental help in Sicily
- 22 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 23 Help with basic itinerary
- 24 Wake Up Mods
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary help!