I'm planning a trip to Sweden for some time now. I wanted initially to focus more on visiting urban areas, as it seemed the best way to get a glimpse of today's Swedish culture and lifestyle, but in the meantime things changed. Right now I'm thinking about replanning my trip, and want to make it something like a cross-country roadtrip (right now I don't know for sure what my budget is, so this could change).
Recently I stumbled upon an article (https://story.visitsweden.com/meet-the-original-hipsters/) about a textile printer, a glassblower and a crispbread (some kind of traditional Swedish bread) baker, and I realized that during my visit I want to focus on seeing and maybe meeting a lot of people who have professions that may seem irremediably and painfully outdated, but that are still able to create value (Just ask my family about their opinion on my watchmaking hobby...).
So, the big question is: is here anyone from Sweden who could point me in the right direction, or are here any members, who visited Sweden already and maybe have some experiences that could be relevant for me? Or at least someone who could suggest some other professions of interest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Camogli and surrounds
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Palermo Apartment
- 10 travel fan 220v?
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 Barcelona - places to stay
- 13 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 15 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 16 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 Europe in October!
- 19 B&Bs in Ireland
- 20 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 21 Moldova and Transnistria
- 22 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France