I'm just starting to plan a trip to Italy in March/April and looking for some suggestions. It will be my families first trip to Italy and we are carving out about 20 days. I'd love to road trip a loop, so that we can visit several places and not have to pay a one way car rental, but in and out of different cities is also an option. We are a small group of 6, active 60's, to 17 year old. Foodies, wanderers, less interested in museums, more interested local shops, churches, and out of the box adventures. I'm ok with researching hotels and what to do in the various stops, but I'm stuck on where the stops should be.
Road Trip Through Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 2 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 3 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 4 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 5 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 6 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 7 England sites not to miss
- 8 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 9 month's stay in Italy
- 10 2 month backpacking though europe
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 naples & pickpockets
- 13 Scotland day tour
- 14 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 Wine tour from Verona?
- 17 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 18 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 19 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 20 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 21 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 22 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 23 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 24 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 25 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?