I'm just starting to plan a trip to Italy in March/April and looking for some suggestions. It will be my families first trip to Italy and we are carving out about 20 days. I'd love to road trip a loop, so that we can visit several places and not have to pay a one way car rental, but in and out of different cities is also an option. We are a small group of 6, active 60's, to 17 year old. Foodies, wanderers, less interested in museums, more interested local shops, churches, and out of the box adventures. I'm ok with researching hotels and what to do in the various stops, but I'm stuck on where the stops should be.
Road Trip Through Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 2 Pompeii train to Naples
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 6 No points in Paris .....
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 9 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 10 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 11 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 15 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 16 best time to book accommodation
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Sicily - not a trip report
- 22 Chip but no PIN
- 23 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace