I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 2 help regarding removal firm in london
- 3 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 4 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 5 Europe Itinerary
- 6 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 7 Loire Valley itinerary
- 8 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 9 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 10 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 11 Phone cards
- 12 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Naxos hotel question
- 15 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 16 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 17 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 18 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 19 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 20 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 21 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 22 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 23 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 24 Poland Tour Group
- 25 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?