I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
- 2 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 3 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 4 Switzerland 5 days
- 5 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 6 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 7 Where to buy Saffron?
- 8 Ceramics
- 9 Itinerary feedback, 4/5 days in Iceland
- 10 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 11 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 12 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 13 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 14 Three days in Athens
- 15 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 16 3 weeks- Italy and Croatia Trip Itinerary Help
- 17 Need some Venice planning help
- 18 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 19 Day Trip from London
- 20 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 21 15 nights in Italy
- 22 2 weeks in Laval France
- 23 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 24 Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice, Rome too much for 15-20 days?
- 25 Western vs Central Finland for a road trip