I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 2 England and Wales by public transport
- 3 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 4 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 5 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 6 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 7 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 8 MiFi in Italy
- 9 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 10 One quick week -- where in France?
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Guides - Matera
- 13 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 Ravello to Paestum
- 18 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 19 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 20 Girona and Besalau
- 21 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 22 London Itinerary and Questions
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 25 Switzerland and Northern Italy