I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - best two central locations
- 2 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 3 12 Days in Italy
- 4 Family vacay in Europe
- 5 Another Book List for Italy
- 6 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 7 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 10 Classical Music in Milan
- 11 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 12 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 13 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 14 touring near rome airport
- 15 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 16 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 17 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 18 day tours - Loire Valley
- 19 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 20 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 21 Sienna with kids
- 22 8 days in switzerland
- 23 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 24 Places to visits near Porto
- 25 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg