I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 2 Travelling to Brussels, Bruges and Amsterdam
- 3 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 4 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 5 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 6 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 7 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 8 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 9 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 10 Bernina Express tickets
- 11 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 12 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 13 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 14 staying a month or so in each place
- 15 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 16 Spending money in Italy?
- 17 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 18 nice, affordable hotel in Ljubljana
- 19 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 20 3 weeks in Europe
- 21 Turin To Toulon late Aug/Early Sept
- 22 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 25 If you had a week in Switzerland...