I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 American Express
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 13 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 21 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 22 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 23 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?