I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 2 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 3 Cinque Terre
- 4 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 5 Barcelona sites: attire
- 6 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 7 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 8 Lisbon
- 9 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 10 Paris Visite pass
- 11 Referendum in Greece
- 12 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 13 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 14 short trip klon to koblenz
- 15 Barcelona Itinerary
- 16 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 17 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 18 Switzeraland Iternary
- 19 barcelona
- 20 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 21 Girona to Torla-where to stay along the way
- 22 Train Travel in Germany
- 23 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 24 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 25 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary