I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 2 Is Venice really dirty?
- 3 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 4 Christmas in London
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 7 Norway Advice
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 10 Travel from London Heathrow to Belfast or Dublin
- 11 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 12 Winter in Paris
- 13 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 14 Stay in 1 Place or Multiple
- 15 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 16 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 17 Is this enough time for Canterbury, Beachy Head, and Dover?
- 18 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 19 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 20 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 21 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 22 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 23 Restaurants Venice, Rome, and Florence
- 24 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 25 Planning Europe trip