I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome/Florence
- 2 Venturing even further
- 3 Where to go
- 4 Traveling in between Paris and Nantes via TVG
- 5 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 6 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 7 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 8 help with trip from prague to berlin and more
- 9 Weekend in Paris in October
- 10 Around Geneva?
- 11 Skiing Zermatt
- 12 Europe 9 day Family Vacation
- 13 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 14 Scotland in 8 days
- 15 2 Week Honeymoon-Sept 2016-Italy/Spain
- 16 Travelling to Rome
- 17 Sunday Brunch in Paris
- 18 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 19 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 20 2 days driving Sarthe, France
- 21 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 22 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 23 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 24 Still another Normandy question
- 25 Seville: Hotel Simon or Tryp Macarena?