I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 2 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 3 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 4 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 5 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 6 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 7 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 8 Questions for Paris residents
- 9 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 10 Mont St. Michele?
- 11 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 12 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 13 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 14 Stay in Venice
- 15 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 16 Venice - apartment??????
- 17 12 days in italy help
- 18 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 19 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 20 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 21 Is Easter week 2015 too early for Keukenhof garden?
- 22 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 23 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 24 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 25 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary