I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris---baguette question???
- 2 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 3 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 4 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 5 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 6 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Glassblowing in Prague
- 9 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 10 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 11 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 12 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 13 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 14 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 15 a loss about Paris
- 16 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between
- 17 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 18 Want to meet the locals? Try the bars.
- 19 Spain Andalusia Itinerary Advice
- 20 1 way ticket
- 21 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 22 Want to meet the locals? Try libraries
- 23 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 24 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 25 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?