I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
- 1 Travel by train or bus
- 2 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 10 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 11 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 Planning a holiday
- 17 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 18 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 19 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 20 Advises for trip to Russia
- 21 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 24 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 25 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.