I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 italy itinerary request
- 3 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 4 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 5 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 6 First time in Italy
- 7 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 8 Train rides
- 9 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 10 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 11 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 12 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 13 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 14 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 15 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 16 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 17 Renting a car in Florence
- 18 What about Basque Country?
- 19 Salento penninsula
- 20 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 21 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 22 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 23 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 24 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 25 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?