I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 2 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 3 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 4 Schengen rule made easy
- 5 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 6 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 7 From Chopin Airport to Warsaw Central (by Bus or train?)
- 8 Cotswolds first time
- 9 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 10 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 11 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 12 Bibich Winery
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 Travel during Ferragosto?
- 15 Honeymoon Decision?
- 16 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 17 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 18 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 19 First Trip to Europe
- 20 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 23 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 24 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 25 7 days in London in Dec with family