I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and around that for 2 weeks
- 2 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 3 Checking email
- 4 Italy, Spain and France
- 5 Day trips from Cologne
- 6 Munich or Fussen for Bavaria Region?
- 7 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 8 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 9 My summer in Paris
- 10 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 11 Looking for place to stop on way to Rome from Amalfi
- 12 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 13 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 14 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 15 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 16 Montpellier - A few questions
- 17 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 18 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 19 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 20 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 21 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 22 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 23 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 24 The Road to Ruins - 25 Days in Istanbul & Road Tripping thru Western Turkey
- 25 Tuscany Chianti area - agriturismo or apt - what's your favorite?