I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help!
- 2 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 3 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 4 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 5 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 6 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 7 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 11 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 12 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Street food in Turkey
- 15 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 16 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 17 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 One week in Venice - trips
- 20 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 21 Scotland
- 22 9 days in turkey
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 25 UK for 12 days !