I am planning a three-four week trip to hit as many countries and castles as I can. I have long loved and read about castles, so I plan on visiting as many of my favorites as I possibly can.
In short, I plan on landing in London, renting a car to drive through Europe and down to Madrid, where I would take off from to return to the US.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or general comments? I've never been to Europe, I only speak English, and I love driving.
It would look like:
London > Amsterdam > Frankfurt > Zurich > Geneva > Milan > Neuschwanstein > Munich > Salzburg > Venice > San Marino > Rome > Genoa > Marseille > Carcassonne > Bordeaux > San Sebastian > Valladolid > Madrid
Road trip through Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 2 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 3 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 4 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 5 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 8 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 9 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Where to go in France mid July?
- 12 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 13 Help with England/Wales tour
- 14 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 15 Cruise the River Shannon
- 16 Is Venice really dirty?
- 17 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 18 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 19 Ireland or Scotland
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 21 Italy in October 2015
- 22 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 23 Italy and Croatia
- 24 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 25 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks