My wife were planning on a road trip starting in London. Trip is planned for June.
Day 1 - Arrive in Heathrow - pick up a rental car
Day 2 - London
Day 3 - London
Day 4 - London
Day 5 - depart London - drive to York
Day 6 - depart for Edinburgh
Day 7 - Edinburgh
Day 8 - drive to Cairnryan - take the car ferry to larne - drive to Belfast
Day 9 - drive to Dublin
Day 10 - Dublin
Day 11 - Drive to Killarney
Day 12 - Killarney
Day 13 - Drive to Rosslare - take the car ferry to Fishguard - drive to Newport
Day 14 - Newport
Day 15 - Back to London
Day 16 - Fly out
Any comments and suggestions are welcome Nothing is set in stone yet. We know we won't be able to see much, but wanted to get a feel for the UK and felt the best way was to drive rather than flying from one city to another.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 5 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 6 Barcelona question
- 7 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 10 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 11 My 60th birthday surprises
- 12 20 Days in Europe
- 13 4 days in switzerland
- 14 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 15 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 16 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 17 European Cooking Secrets
- 18 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 19 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 20 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 21 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 24 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 25 Help with first time trip with family