My mum and dad are flying into Pisa airport at the end of September, and are then hoping to spend 10 days traveling around by car.
The flight lands around 9pm, so they have chosen to stay in Pisa on the first night. From then, they don't know where to start really!
Some ideas of places they would like to see are Lucca, Cinque Terra, Florence, and then further down the south coast heading towards Grosseto / Orbetello?
Would people advise they choose a couple of "bases", spending 4/5 nights at each and doing day trips? Or moving to new places every couple of nights?
They will then be returning to England from Pisa airport, so will need to end up here again!
Any advice will be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions about Polish sights
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Italy
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 16 Biarritz family holiday
- 17 Lisbon hotel
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 4 Days in Tuscany
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days