My mum and dad are flying into Pisa airport at the end of September, and are then hoping to spend 10 days traveling around by car.
The flight lands around 9pm, so they have chosen to stay in Pisa on the first night. From then, they don't know where to start really!
Some ideas of places they would like to see are Lucca, Cinque Terra, Florence, and then further down the south coast heading towards Grosseto / Orbetello?
Would people advise they choose a couple of "bases", spending 4/5 nights at each and doing day trips? Or moving to new places every couple of nights?
They will then be returning to England from Pisa airport, so will need to end up here again!
Any advice will be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Summer Travel order
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 6 LIsbon
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 Corfu
- 9 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 10 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 11 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 20 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 21 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 25 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain