My husband and I are planning to do a road trip from Milan to Monaco and then end up in St. Remy de Provence in France to meet our Friends. We plan to do the following:
1.We arrive in Milan and stay in the city for 2 nights.
2.We travel from Milan to Monaco direction for 5 days. Which places in this route are recommended to visit and which towns or cities are best to stay overnight? Is 5 days enough to be able to discover some parts of Italy and reach Monaco?
3.When we reach to Monaco we plan to stay 2 nights there, is this enough?
4.Then, we will move to Nice. Where would you think we should stay for 2 or 3 nights in this area before we move to Provence?
5.How many hours drive is it to be coming from Nice to reach St. Remy de Provence?
Our challenge is to rent a car from Milan and drop it off in Avignon, France at a very reasonable price. Of course, we only go for economy car. Which car rental company do you recommend?
We also need your suggestions on budget accommodation within our road trip from Milan to South of France.
Thank you and we appreciate your inputs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 5 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 6 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 7 An evening in London
- 8 NYT article
- 9 Sicily help
- 10 Rome to Venice
- 11 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 12 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 13 Bordeaux to Nice
- 14 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 15 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 16 One free day in Barcelona
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 21 Rome -- The next time around
- 22 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 25 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
Road Trip from Milan to Monaco to Nice then Provence, France