My husband and I are planning to do a road trip from Milan to Monaco and then end up in St. Remy de Provence in France to meet our Friends. We plan to do the following:
1.We arrive in Milan and stay in the city for 2 nights.
2.We travel from Milan to Monaco direction for 5 days. Which places in this route are recommended to visit and which towns or cities are best to stay overnight? Is 5 days enough to be able to discover some parts of Italy and reach Monaco?
3.When we reach to Monaco we plan to stay 2 nights there, is this enough?
4.Then, we will move to Nice. Where would you think we should stay for 2 or 3 nights in this area before we move to Provence?
5.How many hours drive is it to be coming from Nice to reach St. Remy de Provence?
Our challenge is to rent a car from Milan and drop it off in Avignon, France at a very reasonable price. Of course, we only go for economy car. Which car rental company do you recommend?
We also need your suggestions on budget accommodation within our road trip from Milan to South of France.
Thank you and we appreciate your inputs.
Road Trip from Milan to Monaco to Nice then Provence, France
- 1 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 2 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 3 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 4 Looking for info on wine and countryside tour from Rome
- 5 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 Car Rental Locations
- 8 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 9 Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
- 10 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 11 just want to know
- 12 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 13 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 16 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 19 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 20 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 21 Istanbul Hotels
- 22 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 23 Florence to nice- help
- 24 What is the best food in France?
- 25 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels