My husband and I are planning to do a road trip from Milan to Monaco and then end up in St. Remy de Provence in France to meet our Friends. We plan to do the following:
1.We arrive in Milan and stay in the city for 2 nights.
2.We travel from Milan to Monaco direction for 5 days. Which places in this route are recommended to visit and which towns or cities are best to stay overnight? Is 5 days enough to be able to discover some parts of Italy and reach Monaco?
3.When we reach to Monaco we plan to stay 2 nights there, is this enough?
4.Then, we will move to Nice. Where would you think we should stay for 2 or 3 nights in this area before we move to Provence?
5.How many hours drive is it to be coming from Nice to reach St. Remy de Provence?
Our challenge is to rent a car from Milan and drop it off in Avignon, France at a very reasonable price. Of course, we only go for economy car. Which car rental company do you recommend?
We also need your suggestions on budget accommodation within our road trip from Milan to South of France.
Thank you and we appreciate your inputs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 4 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Getting around Lisbon
- 6 Athens International airport
- 7 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 8 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 9 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 10 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 11 YIKES!
- 12 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 15 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 16 Swiss Pass
- 17 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 18 Trip to Ireland in September
- 19 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 20 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 23 Final Four
- 24 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London
Road Trip from Milan to Monaco to Nice then Provence, France