My husband and I are planning to do a road trip from Milan to Monaco and then end up in St. Remy de Provence in France to meet our Friends. We plan to do the following:
1.We arrive in Milan and stay in the city for 2 nights.
2.We travel from Milan to Monaco direction for 5 days. Which places in this route are recommended to visit and which towns or cities are best to stay overnight? Is 5 days enough to be able to discover some parts of Italy and reach Monaco?
3.When we reach to Monaco we plan to stay 2 nights there, is this enough?
4.Then, we will move to Nice. Where would you think we should stay for 2 or 3 nights in this area before we move to Provence?
5.How many hours drive is it to be coming from Nice to reach St. Remy de Provence?
Our challenge is to rent a car from Milan and drop it off in Avignon, France at a very reasonable price. Of course, we only go for economy car. Which car rental company do you recommend?
We also need your suggestions on budget accommodation within our road trip from Milan to South of France.
Thank you and we appreciate your inputs.
Road Trip from Milan to Monaco to Nice then Provence, France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 2 UK for 12 days !
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 7 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 Italy and Croatia 28 days
- 10 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 11 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 12 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 13 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 16 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 17 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 18 Travel with Teens
- 19 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 Snowboarding in Poland
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary