My husband and I are planning to do a road trip from Milan to Monaco and then end up in St. Remy de Provence in France to meet our Friends. We plan to do the following:
1.We arrive in Milan and stay in the city for 2 nights.
2.We travel from Milan to Monaco direction for 5 days. Which places in this route are recommended to visit and which towns or cities are best to stay overnight? Is 5 days enough to be able to discover some parts of Italy and reach Monaco?
3.When we reach to Monaco we plan to stay 2 nights there, is this enough?
4.Then, we will move to Nice. Where would you think we should stay for 2 or 3 nights in this area before we move to Provence?
5.How many hours drive is it to be coming from Nice to reach St. Remy de Provence?
Our challenge is to rent a car from Milan and drop it off in Avignon, France at a very reasonable price. Of course, we only go for economy car. Which car rental company do you recommend?
We also need your suggestions on budget accommodation within our road trip from Milan to South of France.
Thank you and we appreciate your inputs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 2 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 3 Train travel
- 4 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 5 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 6 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 7 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 DVD burning software
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 12 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 13 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 14 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 15 WWI Battlefields
- 16 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 17 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Iceland 3 day layover
- 22 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 23 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Milos beach stay
Road Trip from Milan to Monaco to Nice then Provence, France