My husband and I are planning to do a road trip from Milan to Monaco and then end up in St. Remy de Provence in France to meet our Friends. We plan to do the following:
1.We arrive in Milan and stay in the city for 2 nights.
2.We travel from Milan to Monaco direction for 5 days. Which places in this route are recommended to visit and which towns or cities are best to stay overnight? Is 5 days enough to be able to discover some parts of Italy and reach Monaco?
3.When we reach to Monaco we plan to stay 2 nights there, is this enough?
4.Then, we will move to Nice. Where would you think we should stay for 2 or 3 nights in this area before we move to Provence?
5.How many hours drive is it to be coming from Nice to reach St. Remy de Provence?
Our challenge is to rent a car from Milan and drop it off in Avignon, France at a very reasonable price. Of course, we only go for economy car. Which car rental company do you recommend?
We also need your suggestions on budget accommodation within our road trip from Milan to South of France.
Thank you and we appreciate your inputs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 2 Two days in Rome
- 3 London is it worth it?
- 4 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 5 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 6 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 7 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 8 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 9 International drivers permit
- 10 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 11 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 12 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 13 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 16 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 17 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 18 Naples + Walking Tour
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 22 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 23 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 24 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
Road Trip from Milan to Monaco to Nice then Provence, France