May I have suggestions on a possible road trip DH and I can take, starting from London? Here are the parameters:
1. Driving from London, we want to spend 3-4 days out of London, staying in B&Bs and sightseeing on our own.
2. My husband and I are interested in history, theater, walks. We're in our mid-40s, generally active (we've done hikes and walks before), and pretty much up for anything. We like driving around the countryside and stopping at small towns.
One road trip we were thinking of was going to Chartwell (DH is a Churchill fan), Canterbury, and Dover. Is this doable in 3-4 days, covering Chartwell, the Canterbury Cathedral, the Dover castle, seeing some smaller towns around, and a cliff walk? Any suggested itinerary for this?
Cotswolds was also a possibility, but I haven't really researched much on this.
Hope this wasn't too vague, but right now the slate is quite blank and we'd like to crowd-source ideas.
Thanks so much in advance. I've gotten so much valuable advice before from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 2 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 3 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 4 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 5 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 House Hunting in France
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Itinerary Tweaking
- 10 Itinerary Help
- 11 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Hotel in Vienna
- 14 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 15 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 18 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 19 Amalfi Coast help
- 20 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 21 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 22 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 23 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 24 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 25 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants