May I have suggestions on a possible road trip DH and I can take, starting from London? Here are the parameters:
1. Driving from London, we want to spend 3-4 days out of London, staying in B&Bs and sightseeing on our own.
2. My husband and I are interested in history, theater, walks. We're in our mid-40s, generally active (we've done hikes and walks before), and pretty much up for anything. We like driving around the countryside and stopping at small towns.
One road trip we were thinking of was going to Chartwell (DH is a Churchill fan), Canterbury, and Dover. Is this doable in 3-4 days, covering Chartwell, the Canterbury Cathedral, the Dover castle, seeing some smaller towns around, and a cliff walk? Any suggested itinerary for this?
Cotswolds was also a possibility, but I haven't really researched much on this.
Hope this wasn't too vague, but right now the slate is quite blank and we'd like to crowd-source ideas.
Thanks so much in advance. I've gotten so much valuable advice before from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ORIGINAL : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 9 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 10 Classical Tour of Albania
- 11 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 12 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 13 London GTG May 19-25
- 14 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 15 London and Normandy
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 18 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 21 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 Naples + Walking Tour