May I have suggestions on a possible road trip DH and I can take, starting from London? Here are the parameters:
1. Driving from London, we want to spend 3-4 days out of London, staying in B&Bs and sightseeing on our own.
2. My husband and I are interested in history, theater, walks. We're in our mid-40s, generally active (we've done hikes and walks before), and pretty much up for anything. We like driving around the countryside and stopping at small towns.
One road trip we were thinking of was going to Chartwell (DH is a Churchill fan), Canterbury, and Dover. Is this doable in 3-4 days, covering Chartwell, the Canterbury Cathedral, the Dover castle, seeing some smaller towns around, and a cliff walk? Any suggested itinerary for this?
Cotswolds was also a possibility, but I haven't really researched much on this.
Hope this wasn't too vague, but right now the slate is quite blank and we'd like to crowd-source ideas.
Thanks so much in advance. I've gotten so much valuable advice before from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 2 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 3 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 4 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 5 Edinbrugh
- 6 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 7 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 8 Swimming to Paris
- 9 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 10 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 Scotland itinerary help
- 13 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Istria in two days
- 16 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 19 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 20 Hiking in Switzerland
- 21 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 22 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 23 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 24 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 25 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?