May I have suggestions on a possible road trip DH and I can take, starting from London? Here are the parameters:
1. Driving from London, we want to spend 3-4 days out of London, staying in B&Bs and sightseeing on our own.
2. My husband and I are interested in history, theater, walks. We're in our mid-40s, generally active (we've done hikes and walks before), and pretty much up for anything. We like driving around the countryside and stopping at small towns.
One road trip we were thinking of was going to Chartwell (DH is a Churchill fan), Canterbury, and Dover. Is this doable in 3-4 days, covering Chartwell, the Canterbury Cathedral, the Dover castle, seeing some smaller towns around, and a cliff walk? Any suggested itinerary for this?
Cotswolds was also a possibility, but I haven't really researched much on this.
Hope this wasn't too vague, but right now the slate is quite blank and we'd like to crowd-source ideas.
Thanks so much in advance. I've gotten so much valuable advice before from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Amsterdam hotels
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 8 London Hotels
- 9 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 10 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 11 Brugge hotel help
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Denmark or Sweden?
- 14 Old European currency
- 15 Europe itinerary questions
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 19 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 20 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 21 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 22 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 23 1 month in Europe
- 24 Paris hotels
- 25 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece