This is our first trip to England so we are novices and would like suggestions for a road trip starting from Dover where our ship will dock after a trip to see the Fjords in Norway. We plan to rent a car and would like to spend about a week to ten days seeing the English countryside ( market towns, castles and small town a la English PBS programs) and stay in small B and B's with an occasional splurge in a more elegant hotel like a refurbished castle. I have been studying the maps but am at a loss as to which locations to pick so that we see things at a leisurely pace.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 Day trips around Vienna
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 6 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 7 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 8 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 9 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 10 Praiano hotel question
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 First time in Bulgaria
- 13 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 14 Killarney
- 15 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 16 Rouen Tour Companies
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 Madrid/Lisbon
- 19 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 21 Rome-Itinerary
- 22 Walking itinerary in England?
- 23 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 24 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time
road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes