This is our first trip to England so we are novices and would like suggestions for a road trip starting from Dover where our ship will dock after a trip to see the Fjords in Norway. We plan to rent a car and would like to spend about a week to ten days seeing the English countryside ( market towns, castles and small town a la English PBS programs) and stay in small B and B's with an occasional splurge in a more elegant hotel like a refurbished castle. I have been studying the maps but am at a loss as to which locations to pick so that we see things at a leisurely pace.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 5 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 6 Spanish food - not that special?
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 16 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 17 Chania
- 18 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 19 Car rental in Santorini port
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Renting a car in Greece
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 24 renting a car in greece
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes