My husband and I are planning a road trip this December with our 2 young sons. We have done a European road trip before when my one son was a baby and had an amazing time but it was in summer.
We can only take a holiday this year in December and really want to road trip again. We thinking of going from around Dec1st to Dec 23rd.
We are from South Africa so are not used to driving in snow or freezing conditions.
I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on what countries to visit in Europe during this time that would be okay to travel in during winter. I might be way off base and travelling during the snowy season is fine if you take certain precautions, I unfortunately just dont know though.
The countries/cities we have visited are Italy (Venice and Rome),Switzerland (Bern and Geneva), Germany (Heidelberg, Baden Baden), France (Paris, Lyon,Reims, Versailles) and Netherands (Amsterdam). We would prefer not to redo these countries/cities if possible.
Any advice would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Europe trip
- 2 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 3 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 4 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 5 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 6 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 7 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 8 mountain views near London
- 9 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 14 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 15 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 16 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 18 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 19 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 20 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 21 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 22 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 23 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 24 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 25 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund