My husband and I are planning a road trip this December with our 2 young sons. We have done a European road trip before when my one son was a baby and had an amazing time but it was in summer.
We can only take a holiday this year in December and really want to road trip again. We thinking of going from around Dec1st to Dec 23rd.
We are from South Africa so are not used to driving in snow or freezing conditions.
I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on what countries to visit in Europe during this time that would be okay to travel in during winter. I might be way off base and travelling during the snowy season is fine if you take certain precautions, I unfortunately just dont know though.
The countries/cities we have visited are Italy (Venice and Rome),Switzerland (Bern and Geneva), Germany (Heidelberg, Baden Baden), France (Paris, Lyon,Reims, Versailles) and Netherands (Amsterdam). We would prefer not to redo these countries/cities if possible.
Any advice would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 2 Italy in January?
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 6 Berlin to ?
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 tickets for Wimbledon
- 9 Renting a car in Greece
- 10 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 11 Piedmont question
- 12 Insurance on rental car options
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 15 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 16 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 17 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 18 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Top Tapas Tascas
- 21 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 22 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 23 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 24 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 25 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre