My husband and I are planning a road trip this December with our 2 young sons. We have done a European road trip before when my one son was a baby and had an amazing time but it was in summer.
We can only take a holiday this year in December and really want to road trip again. We thinking of going from around Dec1st to Dec 23rd.
We are from South Africa so are not used to driving in snow or freezing conditions.
I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on what countries to visit in Europe during this time that would be okay to travel in during winter. I might be way off base and travelling during the snowy season is fine if you take certain precautions, I unfortunately just dont know though.
The countries/cities we have visited are Italy (Venice and Rome),Switzerland (Bern and Geneva), Germany (Heidelberg, Baden Baden), France (Paris, Lyon,Reims, Versailles) and Netherands (Amsterdam). We would prefer not to redo these countries/cities if possible.
Any advice would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지릴 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 ATM help
- 4 ATM
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 11 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Places to stop/stay?
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport