My husband and I are planning a road trip this December with our 2 young sons. We have done a European road trip before when my one son was a baby and had an amazing time but it was in summer.
We can only take a holiday this year in December and really want to road trip again. We thinking of going from around Dec1st to Dec 23rd.
We are from South Africa so are not used to driving in snow or freezing conditions.
I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on what countries to visit in Europe during this time that would be okay to travel in during winter. I might be way off base and travelling during the snowy season is fine if you take certain precautions, I unfortunately just dont know though.
The countries/cities we have visited are Italy (Venice and Rome),Switzerland (Bern and Geneva), Germany (Heidelberg, Baden Baden), France (Paris, Lyon,Reims, Versailles) and Netherands (Amsterdam). We would prefer not to redo these countries/cities if possible.
Any advice would be great
Road Trip December 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence : So many places too little time
- 2 Warsaw for the week-end / language question
- 3 Sorry! Another Venice Hotel Location
- 4 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 5 London hotel tax is 20%
- 6 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 7 Weather in the dolomites
- 8 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 9 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 10 SIM cards - nano sim readily available ?
- 11 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 12 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 13 Aaah...Umbria!
- 14 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 16 France: which maps?
- 17 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 18 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 19 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 20 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 21 Help!!! Need suggestions paris hotel
- 22 Advice for Sept trip to Ireland?
- 23 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 24 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 25 Need advice on itinerary for Germany