My husband and I are planning a road trip this December with our 2 young sons. We have done a European road trip before when my one son was a baby and had an amazing time but it was in summer.
We can only take a holiday this year in December and really want to road trip again. We thinking of going from around Dec1st to Dec 23rd.
We are from South Africa so are not used to driving in snow or freezing conditions.
I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on what countries to visit in Europe during this time that would be okay to travel in during winter. I might be way off base and travelling during the snowy season is fine if you take certain precautions, I unfortunately just dont know though.
The countries/cities we have visited are Italy (Venice and Rome),Switzerland (Bern and Geneva), Germany (Heidelberg, Baden Baden), France (Paris, Lyon,Reims, Versailles) and Netherands (Amsterdam). We would prefer not to redo these countries/cities if possible.
Any advice would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Ways Liver Detox Can Make You Invincible
- 2 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 5 cell phone companys
- 6 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 7 italy itinerary
- 8 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 9 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 10 Local markets in Italy
- 11 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 12 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 13 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 14 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 15 Where in Paris?
- 16 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 17 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 18 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 19 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 20 Guides - Matera
- 21 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 22 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 25 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?