My husband and I are planning a road trip this December with our 2 young sons. We have done a European road trip before when my one son was a baby and had an amazing time but it was in summer.
We can only take a holiday this year in December and really want to road trip again. We thinking of going from around Dec1st to Dec 23rd.
We are from South Africa so are not used to driving in snow or freezing conditions.
I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on what countries to visit in Europe during this time that would be okay to travel in during winter. I might be way off base and travelling during the snowy season is fine if you take certain precautions, I unfortunately just dont know though.
The countries/cities we have visited are Italy (Venice and Rome),Switzerland (Bern and Geneva), Germany (Heidelberg, Baden Baden), France (Paris, Lyon,Reims, Versailles) and Netherands (Amsterdam). We would prefer not to redo these countries/cities if possible.
Any advice would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip suggestion
- 2 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 8 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 9 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 10 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 11 Acorn TV
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 14 Petrol in Greece
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 We're here!
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 21 6-7 Days in France
- 22 International Flight Question
- 23 5 Days in Switzerland
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please