Three of my friends and me are planning to do a road trip around Central Europe, mainly to visit the Alps. The plan is to start from Munich where we will rent the car then visit Switzerland, Italy, Austria and back to Germany.
To start with you should know that we live in a country by the desert so any greenary scenes is considered an attraction for us
So basically the idea we had that in our way to each stop point we do visit couple of attractions a castle or a fort maybe
And yes we aren't much into museums or historical areas would love to include couple (which are must see) but it's not like we want to see every single museum out there
We are into cafes with beautiful scenes or locations were we can relax and enjoy coffee with a chat
Moreover we are searching now for those must try restaurants so that's something to add for our tast.
To sum up, we are looking to have the chance to drive around as many places as we can with seeing a bit of each place and mostly enjoy the ride in the mountains
Below is the planned scheduling
Day1 07/06/2015 Munich To Fussen,
Spend 1 night in Fussen and visit the Neuschwanstein Castle.
Day2 08/06/2015 Interlaken, Switzerland
Day3 09/06/2015 Interlaken, Switzerland
Day4 10/06/2015 Lake Iseo, Italy
Day5 11/06/2015 Lake Iseo, Italy
Day6 12/06/2015 Lak Iseo to Innsbruck, Austria,
spend the night in Innsbruck
Day7 13/06/2015 Innsbruck, Austria to Salzburg pass by Zell am See
Day8 14/06/2015 Salzburg, Austria
Day9 15/06/2015 Salzburg, Austria, Visit Hallstat
Day10 16/06/2015 Salzburg to Munich, Germany
Do you think the planning looks reasonable?
And what would be the best suggestions for stops to see attractions? I’ve been doing the planning through Michelin Maps, which I found to be more useful than google maps
Also, we are still wondering if we should visit Innsbruck or just drive to the Dolomite mountains spend a night there and head directly to Zell am See instead of Innsbruck?
Am open for any ideas or suggestions so feel free to add comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Swiss Travel Pass
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 15 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 16 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 17 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 18 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 19 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 20 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 21 Train help for Prague
- 22 driving from prague to salzburg
- 23 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Germany train help!