I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoppingin Spain
- 2 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 3 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 4 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 5 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 6 Train or flight from Paris to Munich?
- 7 Taragona best way there from Barcelona
- 8 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 10 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 11 Where can I get Russian rubles?
- 12 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 13 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 14 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 15 Another question about the rouble.
- 16 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 17 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 18 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 19 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 20 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 21 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 22 explore Italy on a budget
- 23 French Prem Train Fares
- 24 Warsaw-Kraków-Budapest-Amsterdam itinerary help
- 25 Car rental in Santorini port