I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
- 1 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Family European winter holiday
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 13 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 17 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 19 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 20 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 21 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 22 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 23 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 24 Greek islands from Turkey
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris