I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 4 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 5 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 6 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 7 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 8 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 9 Font de Gaume Reservations Available Again
- 10 10 Day Itinerary in Italy?
- 11 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 12 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 13 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 14 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 15 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 16 What's your suggestion ????
- 17 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 18 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 19 A guide to Madrid
- 20 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 21 Prague for a week?
- 22 Lake Garda self-catering for 4 adults & 2 children
- 23 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 24 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 25 What to do in Manchester for half a day?