I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Paris
- 2 Ireland's west coast
- 3 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 4 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 5 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 6 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 7 South of Switzerland
- 8 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 9 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 10 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 11 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 12 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 13 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 14 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 16 Home Base in Belgium
- 17 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 18 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 21 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 22 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 Itinerary for Spain
- 25 Dordogne prehistoric sites