I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tallinn for 1st time
- 2 Glasgow family hotel
- 3 Drive or train Austria
- 4 Advice for overnight Istanbul layover?
- 5 Airb2b in Paris
- 6 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 7 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 8 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 9 Lavender fields in Provence
- 10 Padova Experts! Scrovegni Booking Quandry
- 11 MILAZZO or MESSINA ?
- 12 Provence family trip - suggestions on our itinerary please!
- 13 An extra day between Edinburgh and London
- 14 September in Switzerland
- 15 Italy train travel question
- 16 St Moritz hiking
- 17 Which Marriott in Vienna
- 18 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 19 Sicily 25 days summer beach holiday with daughter Help please : )
- 20 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 21 Slomenice Castle
- 22 Bank of America ATM Global Alliance Scam
- 23 Arctic Circle in December
- 24 Best way to access Australian-based cash on holidays in Europe?
- 25 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland