I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 2 Italy food budget
- 3 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 4 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 5 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 6 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 7 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 8 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 9 Munich accommodations
- 10 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 11 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 12 Hotel in Lisbon
- 13 buying souviners and art
- 14 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 15 Where to stay in Prague?
- 16 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 17 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 18 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 19 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 20 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 21 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 22 Positano in high season???
- 23 Porto to Salamanca
- 24 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 25 Tyrol - need general help