I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 2 One night over night parking Paris 75018
- 3 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 4 Does this sound feasible?
- 5 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 6 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 7 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 8 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 9 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 10 I went to Paris in June
- 11 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 12 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 13 Paris first then where?
- 14 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 15 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 16 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 17 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 18 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 19 house-renting safe in Slovenija?
- 20 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 21 Easier travel
- 22 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 23 Moroccan food in Paris
- 24 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 25 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation