I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tolls in VIENNA-BUDAPEST-ZAGREB-GRAZ-BRATISLAVA-PRAGUE?
- 2 Need help planning a 20 day trip
- 3 Halfday in Barcelona
- 4 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 5 My summer in Paris
- 6 Still deciding on what to do for six nights in Italy between Padua and Rome
- 7 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 8 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 9 Airbnb a better way to travel.
- 10 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 11 Charles DeGaulle to Paris
- 12 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 13 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 14 Cadiz or Malaga
- 15 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 16 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 17 A/C in Basel
- 18 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 19 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 20 Trip planning--Portugal and Spain
- 21 Photographing the lavender in Provence
- 22 San Sebastián how many ways can I say I love you?
- 23 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 24 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 25 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.