I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
- 1 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 2 Venice in Jan
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 8 One more last question on Bayeux
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 How early to get to CDG
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 When to visit Provence updated info
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Three for the road
- 17 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 18 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 19 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 24 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 25 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico