I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 2 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 7 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 8 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 9 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 10 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 17 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 18 I dream of Europe
- 19 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 22 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 25 Rome Food Tour