I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much luggage?????
- 2 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 3 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 4 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 5 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 6 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 7 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 8 Madrid: Flamenco
- 9 Madrid: City Views
- 10 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 11 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 12 German Rail Twin Pass
- 13 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 14 ITALO trains need help
- 15 London restaurants
- 16 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 17 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 18 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 19 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 20 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 21 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 22 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 23 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 24 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal