I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 2 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 3 What one thing in Paris?
- 4 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 5 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 6 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 9 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 10 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 11 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 13 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 14 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 15 Holiday in Austria
- 16 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 17 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 18 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 19 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 22 Retiring to Southern France
- 23 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise