I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 2 Why Not Helsinki?
- 3 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 4 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 11 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 12 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 13 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 14 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 17 Iceland Day 5
- 18 Holland/France/Spain
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 21 Montenegro in September
- 22 3 week stay in Scotland
- 23 Paris, France
- 24 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 25 sfo to europe