I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 3 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 4 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 5 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 6 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 7 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 8 Moving to Belfast
- 9 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 10 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 11 Rome---August and September
- 12 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 13 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 14 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 15 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 16 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 17 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 18 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 19 4-6 weeks
- 20 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 23 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 24 Dresden or Leipzig
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer