I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 2 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 3 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 4 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 5 Venice - boats on canals
- 6 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 7 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 10 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy
- 11 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 12 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 14 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 15 Which apartment/area in London?
- 16 Driving in Germany
- 17 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 18 Venice, just arrived
- 19 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 20 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 21 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 22 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 23 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 24 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 25 Prepaid cell phone, CDG