I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 2 Via del Sale, Italy
- 3 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 4 "Never Mind"
- 5 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 6 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 9 Barcelona
- 10 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Germany family road trip help!
- 13 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 14 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 15 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 19 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 20 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 21 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 22 who is in amsterdam?
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 25 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice