I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 3 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 4 scotland trave;
- 5 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 6 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 7 4 days in Scotland
- 8 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 9 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 10 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 11 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 12 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 13 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 14 Iceland wedding
- 15 Best of Southern France, your favorites?
- 16 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 17 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 20 Accommodation
- 21 Airb2b in Paris
- 22 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 23 Freising or Erding?
- 24 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights
- 25 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa