I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 2 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 3 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 4 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 5 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 6 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 7 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 8 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 9 French immersion courses in France
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 12 Paris---baguette question???
- 13 Europe in late January
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 16 Where to stay in London?
- 17 What type of visa is right for me?
- 18 Visiting Spain in January
- 19 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 20 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 21 Loving Lisbon
- 22 Booking hotels before trains
- 23 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 24 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 25 Revised post- cruise itinerary