I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 air conditioning
- 2 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 3 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 4 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 5 Ann Frank House
- 6 Barcelona Itinerary
- 7 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 8 Munich to Milan via train
- 9 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 10 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 11 Paris Visite pass
- 12 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 13 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 14 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 17 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 18 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 19 Barcelona sites: attire
- 20 Self-driving in Iceland
- 21 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 22 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 23 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 24 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 25 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium