I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Banks Mansion
- 2 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 5 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 6 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 7 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 8 England and Wales by public transport
- 9 Help with itinerary
- 10 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 11 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 12 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 20 free days of Europe
- 15 Bring Europe to My Kitchen. Please.
- 16 BNL machines in Italy
- 17 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 18 Planning Advice!
- 19 BNL ATMs
- 20 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 21 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 22 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 23 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 24 Portland, Maine GTG
- 25 Northern Italy with Kids?