I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 4 Where to stay 2 nights in la Céré France?
- 5 European Backpacking
- 6 Sea side in Italy
- 7 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 8 Help! Itinerary suggestion for 35 days in Italy and France.
- 9 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 10 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 11 2 week Europe trip adivce
- 12 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 13 Spain in 17 days
- 14 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 15 Booking Engines You trust?
- 16 Spain in 17 days
- 17 Amalfi, Capri, Sicily, Sardinia, or croatia
- 18 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 19 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 20 Where should we go in early- to mid-May: Spain, Greece, Croatia?
- 21 Insight on budgeting
- 22 Our first trip to Europe
- 23 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 24 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 25 11 Days in Spain Itinerary - Feedback Appreciated!