I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 2 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 3 Help with Lucerne in April
- 4 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 5 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 London Weekend
- 10 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 11 Dublin to Cashel
- 12 Sea side in Italy
- 13 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 14 Paris: Best Wine Bars
- 15 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 16 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 17 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 18 Time required from CDG airport to Louvre Museum?
- 19 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 20 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 21 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 22 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 23 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 24 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 25 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels