I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with travelling direction when travelling thourgh central Europe
- 2 First European Vacation )
- 3 London theatre
- 4 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 5 Amalfi Coast: Minori or Maiori
- 6 Vueling Airlines-already booked-any tips?
- 7 Reims Champagne Houses
- 8 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 9 Where to go
- 10 Booking Online @ Frenchie's in Paris
- 11 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 12 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 13 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 14 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 15 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 16 Skiing Zermatt
- 17 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 18 London: Xmas Break Trip - One Week Itinerary
- 19 Venturing even further
- 20 Scotland in 8 days
- 21 Booking Frenchie's online
- 22 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 23 Barcelona in 2 Days
- 24 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 25 Weekend in Paris in October