I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 2 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 3 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 Firt time VISA applicant
- 12 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 13 Murren to Prague
- 14 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 15 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 16 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 24 Need Information about French Alps
- 25 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)