I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaches in Southern France
- 2 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 3 3 days to spend in europe
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 8 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 9 Barcelona completely overrated
- 10 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 11 Europe Sim card help
- 12 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 13 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 14 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 15 Local markets in Italy
- 16 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 17 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 18 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 19 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 20 Guides - Matera
- 21 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 22 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 23 England and Wales by public transport
- 24 Buying flowers in London?
- 25 First visit to France/Dordogne