I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 2 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 3 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 4 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 5 barcelona
- 6 Switzeraland Iternary
- 7 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 8 Girona to Torla-where to stay along the way
- 9 Barcelona sites: attire
- 10 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 11 Train Travel in Germany
- 12 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 13 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 14 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 15 Barcelona Itinerary
- 16 Texans Take a Tour
- 17 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 18 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 19 Lisbon
- 20 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 21 One night in Amsterdam?
- 22 A plethora of islands
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 25 10 days in spain