I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 2 Georgia
- 3 From Schipol to ?
- 4 Germany at Christmas
- 5 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 6 British Airways, anyone?
- 7 Istanbul to budapest
- 8 overnight ferries?
- 9 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?
- 10 Madrid Hotel - Help me choose between these 2!
- 11 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 12 (Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff
- 13 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 14 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 17 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 18 Small-group day tours from London?
- 19 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada
- 20 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 21 ?Prague, Wroclaw, Krakow & Vienna???
- 22 Back from a great trip !!
- 23 Rink oh Kerry or Dinglr
- 24 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 25 What am I doing wrong?