I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 2 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 3 Q re Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- 4 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 5 Madrid Hotel - Help me choose between these 2!
- 6 Seine river cruise help
- 7 tuscany/florence tour
- 8 Ira, Ira, Ira, who is Ira?
- 9 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 10 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 11 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 12 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 13 Sardinia Slow Travel Oct 2015
- 14 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 15 England/Scotland in January?
- 16 Ice for a cooler
- 17 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 18 Men's attire for touring
- 19 Norway Hikes, centralised location
- 20 Swimsuit for France, Switzerland, Austria?
- 21 Does the Paris Museum Pass cover the Picasso Museum?
- 22 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 23 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 24 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 25 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy