I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 3 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 6 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 10 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 11 Schengen Visa Rules
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 14 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 15 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 16 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 17 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 18 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 19 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 20 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Is my plan ok
- 23 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 5 Observations About Paris