I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 2 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 3 Suggestions for very cheap cell phone?
- 4 A week in Paris
- 5 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 6 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 7 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 8 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 9 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 10 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Is Capri overrated?
- 12 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 13 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 14 9 days on amalfi coast
- 15 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 16 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 17 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 18 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 19 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 20 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 21 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 22 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 23 Which tour would you choose?
- 24 London and nearby suggestions
- 25 Need help with our itinerary