I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Munich, Germany
- 3 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 4 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 5 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 6 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 9 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 10 Touring Wales
- 11 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 12 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 13 First Time Europe Trip
- 14 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 15 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 16 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 17 St Andrews advice
- 18 3 nights in Tuscany
- 19 Cordoba or Granada?
- 20 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 21 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 22 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 23 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 24 train from ams to paris
- 25 Backpack with Infant carrier?