I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano or Sorrento?
- 2 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 3 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 4 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 5 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 6 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 7 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 8 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 9 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 10 Last minute trip to Capri
- 11 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 12 AMS Car Rental
- 13 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 14 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 15 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 16 Where to eat in Rome?
- 17 weekend from cologne germany
- 18 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 19 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 20 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 21 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 Milan and Lake Como
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?