I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Road Trip - Austria and Where
- 1 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 2 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 5 Three for the road
- 6 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 7 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 8 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 9 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 10 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 11 Itinerary Questions
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 British drivers
- 16 Portugal in September
- 17 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 18 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 19 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 20 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 21 Place to propose
- 22 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 From Bologna to Barcelona
- 25 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?