I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague itinerary advice
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 4 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 7 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 8 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 10 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 11 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 12 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 13 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 16 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 Italian lakes
- 19 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 20 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 21 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 22 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 23 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 24 10 day Italy
- 25 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof