I am planning for a road trip with my family comprising of my teens and my parents (60+). We have driven several times in countries west of Austria, and would like to combine Austria with one or two other neighboring countries (other than Germany) that we could cover in a 12-day road trip in a rental car. I am trying to choose between Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia/ Croatia.
I would appreciate some suggestions from fellow Fodorites. We like fast-paced travel that would end in a couple of liesure days. The general idea would be land in Vienna, rent a car at the airport and set-off.
Thanks to all who can share similar past experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 2 Provence Planning Help
- 3 Baggage Storage Zurich
- 4 Toulouse Metro & Train Station
- 5 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 6 Switzerland Itinerary Help!
- 7 Madrid Airport
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 Norway in the nutshell
- 10 When you are worry about the graduate, you can come to here and buy one
- 11 A opportunity to get a diploma if you like
- 12 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 13 Lufthansa's New Europe Fares
- 14 Puglia and Matera
- 15 Southern Puglia Italy
- 16 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 17 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 18 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 19 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 20 Paris food tours?
- 21 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 22 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 23 If we have to eat dinner in sultanhamet
- 24 5 days in Germany - Travel advice needed
- 25 Fodor Forum Valuable