We are a young couple and will be taking a trip to the United Kingdom and were hoping to get some ideas and tips regarding a specific part of our trip.
We will be getting a car only in a small part of the trip, for three days and two nights, between York and Edinburgh. Looking online, i got a bit overwhelmed by the amount of possibilities, and our time is limited.
I was hoping to drive in beautiful country of both England and Scotland, see some small villages, and choose two in which to sleep, (one for each night) probably one in England and one in Scotland. I was also thinking of maybe travelling further north from Edinburgh into Scotland and then coming down to Edinburgh... I am thinking of driving about 4-5 hours per day (around 170 miles, or 270 km)
I have researched online for names of villages and scenic routes, but got kind of overwhelmed with all the possibilities so I was looking to have some pointers!!
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 4 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 7 Madrid/Lisbon
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 12 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 13 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Oporto
- 16 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Perugia
- 19 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 20 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 21 Ronda Wine/biking
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 First Trip from Boston to Italy