SO I am finalizing a lot of arrangements for our July - August trip and am really stuck on a few things that I can't seem to find anywhere! The trip is this summer, me and my great aunt (ages 29 & 74 at trip time) and in these two spots we are really looking for some relaxation, a beach, good food, good wine, and maybe some shopping and a few historical sites while we are at it. Minimal hiking, etc.although a short easy one will be doable.
#1: Where to base ourselves on the riviera! I was thinking Camogli, but am now wondering if Vernazza or SML would be better? I need serious help! We would like to get a taste for many of the towns on the riviera (including some of the CT and Portofino). Travelling between these by boat would wonderful too.
#2: Can we rent a car in Alba (as opposed to renting it somewhere else and driving TO Alba?) We would like to minimize long drives and instead utilize trains and boats as much as possible - but I can't find much about this...
#3: Any hotel recommendations in Garda? Having a very hard time finding much info online! Also, do we need a car here? Thought maybe a day trip to Padua would be nice, but do we really need a car in Garda?
I know these are very random questions, but I am stuck on these topics - I have gotten so much help here that I figured I would try again!
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary