SO I am finalizing a lot of arrangements for our July - August trip and am really stuck on a few things that I can't seem to find anywhere! The trip is this summer, me and my great aunt (ages 29 & 74 at trip time) and in these two spots we are really looking for some relaxation, a beach, good food, good wine, and maybe some shopping and a few historical sites while we are at it. Minimal hiking, etc.although a short easy one will be doable.
#1: Where to base ourselves on the riviera! I was thinking Camogli, but am now wondering if Vernazza or SML would be better? I need serious help! We would like to get a taste for many of the towns on the riviera (including some of the CT and Portofino). Travelling between these by boat would wonderful too.
#2: Can we rent a car in Alba (as opposed to renting it somewhere else and driving TO Alba?) We would like to minimize long drives and instead utilize trains and boats as much as possible - but I can't find much about this...
#3: Any hotel recommendations in Garda? Having a very hard time finding much info online! Also, do we need a car here? Thought maybe a day trip to Padua would be nice, but do we really need a car in Garda?
I know these are very random questions, but I am stuck on these topics - I have gotten so much help here that I figured I would try again!
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 Paris to Bordeaux
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 20 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 21 Barcelona - places to stay
- 22 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Private Ephesus Tour Companies