SO I am finalizing a lot of arrangements for our July - August trip and am really stuck on a few things that I can't seem to find anywhere! The trip is this summer, me and my great aunt (ages 29 & 74 at trip time) and in these two spots we are really looking for some relaxation, a beach, good food, good wine, and maybe some shopping and a few historical sites while we are at it. Minimal hiking, etc.although a short easy one will be doable.
#1: Where to base ourselves on the riviera! I was thinking Camogli, but am now wondering if Vernazza or SML would be better? I need serious help! We would like to get a taste for many of the towns on the riviera (including some of the CT and Portofino). Travelling between these by boat would wonderful too.
#2: Can we rent a car in Alba (as opposed to renting it somewhere else and driving TO Alba?) We would like to minimize long drives and instead utilize trains and boats as much as possible - but I can't find much about this...
#3: Any hotel recommendations in Garda? Having a very hard time finding much info online! Also, do we need a car here? Thought maybe a day trip to Padua would be nice, but do we really need a car in Garda?
I know these are very random questions, but I am stuck on these topics - I have gotten so much help here that I figured I would try again!
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 Technical SUPP0RT b*G
- 2 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 3 Which area to stay in London
- 4 Cotswolds for day by Train
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 7 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 8 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 9 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Scotland - We're Here!
- 13 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 14 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 15 TIM in FCO - update
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 18 16 days in France and Italy
- 19 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 20 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 21 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Lisbon - a few tips
- 24 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 25 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria