I'm looking at this apartment in Antibes managed by Riviera Pebbles.
There's a lot I like about it.
There is parking, a lift, it's updated, has a nice terrace, and importantly, there is not a set changeover day. We are moving around a bit on this trip and we got ourselves onto a Sunday changeover day schedule. As most properties rent Saturday to Saturday this has severely limited our choices thus far. Our plan is to be in Antibes for 6 nights, from Sunday to Saturday to get ourselves back on the Saturday schedule for our next destination (somewhere in Italy).
My concern is the location. The Holiday Rentals link says this about the location:
"it is a couple of minutes walk to the sea front and a five minute walk to Vieux Antibes"
Is there a beach at the end of Boulevard Marechal Foch, and if so, is it one of the nicer beaches? Or do they really mean "sea front" and not beach when they say sea front?! I believe I've read that there are both pebble and sand beaches in Antibes. I'm fine with either, really enjoyed a pebble beach in Cap Ferrat on our last trip to this area, but I think my children will MUCH prefer a sandy beach. Alternately, I would be happy to drive to a sandy beach, but will parking be available around the last week in July?
Also, will I be wishing we were staying right in Old Town? I know it claims to be a short walk, but I guess I never know who is doing the estimating!
I know there are a million Old Town listings on the various rental websites, but most do seem to want a 7 night rental, so that is why I'm focusing on this one. Please let me know what you think of the location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 2 Talk to me about Mallorca...
- 3 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Portugal - 1st timers. Advice please...
- 7 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 8 Mallorca or Ibiza in Late march/Early april?
- 9 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 10 Russia in two weeks in December
- 11 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 12 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 13 Norway Honeymoon
- 14 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 15 Schengen Rule
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 23 9 Days in Spain
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip