I'm looking at this apartment in Antibes managed by Riviera Pebbles.
There's a lot I like about it.
There is parking, a lift, it's updated, has a nice terrace, and importantly, there is not a set changeover day. We are moving around a bit on this trip and we got ourselves onto a Sunday changeover day schedule. As most properties rent Saturday to Saturday this has severely limited our choices thus far. Our plan is to be in Antibes for 6 nights, from Sunday to Saturday to get ourselves back on the Saturday schedule for our next destination (somewhere in Italy).
My concern is the location. The Holiday Rentals link says this about the location:
"it is a couple of minutes walk to the sea front and a five minute walk to Vieux Antibes"
Is there a beach at the end of Boulevard Marechal Foch, and if so, is it one of the nicer beaches? Or do they really mean "sea front" and not beach when they say sea front?! I believe I've read that there are both pebble and sand beaches in Antibes. I'm fine with either, really enjoyed a pebble beach in Cap Ferrat on our last trip to this area, but I think my children will MUCH prefer a sandy beach. Alternately, I would be happy to drive to a sandy beach, but will parking be available around the last week in July?
Also, will I be wishing we were staying right in Old Town? I know it claims to be a short walk, but I guess I never know who is doing the estimating!
I know there are a million Old Town listings on the various rental websites, but most do seem to want a 7 night rental, so that is why I'm focusing on this one. Please let me know what you think of the location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Regarding Residence Permit
- 2 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 3 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 4 Homesaty
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 8 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 11 Route des Vins
- 12 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 13 2 days in Florence
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 17 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 18 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 19 base for Andalucia
- 20 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 23 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 24 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 25 Windsor Castle