I'm looking at this apartment in Antibes managed by Riviera Pebbles.
There's a lot I like about it.
There is parking, a lift, it's updated, has a nice terrace, and importantly, there is not a set changeover day. We are moving around a bit on this trip and we got ourselves onto a Sunday changeover day schedule. As most properties rent Saturday to Saturday this has severely limited our choices thus far. Our plan is to be in Antibes for 6 nights, from Sunday to Saturday to get ourselves back on the Saturday schedule for our next destination (somewhere in Italy).
My concern is the location. The Holiday Rentals link says this about the location:
"it is a couple of minutes walk to the sea front and a five minute walk to Vieux Antibes"
Is there a beach at the end of Boulevard Marechal Foch, and if so, is it one of the nicer beaches? Or do they really mean "sea front" and not beach when they say sea front?! I believe I've read that there are both pebble and sand beaches in Antibes. I'm fine with either, really enjoyed a pebble beach in Cap Ferrat on our last trip to this area, but I think my children will MUCH prefer a sandy beach. Alternately, I would be happy to drive to a sandy beach, but will parking be available around the last week in July?
Also, will I be wishing we were staying right in Old Town? I know it claims to be a short walk, but I guess I never know who is doing the estimating!
I know there are a million Old Town listings on the various rental websites, but most do seem to want a 7 night rental, so that is why I'm focusing on this one. Please let me know what you think of the location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 2 Help on ancient history route
- 3 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 3 days solo in London
- 8 Chania
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 15 Studying art in English in venice
- 16 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 17 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 18 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 19 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 20 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 21 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 24 French language immersion schools in France
- 25 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries