I'm looking at this apartment in Antibes managed by Riviera Pebbles.
There's a lot I like about it.
There is parking, a lift, it's updated, has a nice terrace, and importantly, there is not a set changeover day. We are moving around a bit on this trip and we got ourselves onto a Sunday changeover day schedule. As most properties rent Saturday to Saturday this has severely limited our choices thus far. Our plan is to be in Antibes for 6 nights, from Sunday to Saturday to get ourselves back on the Saturday schedule for our next destination (somewhere in Italy).
My concern is the location. The Holiday Rentals link says this about the location:
"it is a couple of minutes walk to the sea front and a five minute walk to Vieux Antibes"
Is there a beach at the end of Boulevard Marechal Foch, and if so, is it one of the nicer beaches? Or do they really mean "sea front" and not beach when they say sea front?! I believe I've read that there are both pebble and sand beaches in Antibes. I'm fine with either, really enjoyed a pebble beach in Cap Ferrat on our last trip to this area, but I think my children will MUCH prefer a sandy beach. Alternately, I would be happy to drive to a sandy beach, but will parking be available around the last week in July?
Also, will I be wishing we were staying right in Old Town? I know it claims to be a short walk, but I guess I never know who is doing the estimating!
I know there are a million Old Town listings on the various rental websites, but most do seem to want a 7 night rental, so that is why I'm focusing on this one. Please let me know what you think of the location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Acropolis Athens
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 7 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 8 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 9 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 Versailles
- 13 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 14 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 15 driving from prague to salzburg
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 18 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 21 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 24 Meteora for older folk
- 25 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS