I'm looking at this apartment in Antibes managed by Riviera Pebbles.
There's a lot I like about it.
There is parking, a lift, it's updated, has a nice terrace, and importantly, there is not a set changeover day. We are moving around a bit on this trip and we got ourselves onto a Sunday changeover day schedule. As most properties rent Saturday to Saturday this has severely limited our choices thus far. Our plan is to be in Antibes for 6 nights, from Sunday to Saturday to get ourselves back on the Saturday schedule for our next destination (somewhere in Italy).
My concern is the location. The Holiday Rentals link says this about the location:
"it is a couple of minutes walk to the sea front and a five minute walk to Vieux Antibes"
Is there a beach at the end of Boulevard Marechal Foch, and if so, is it one of the nicer beaches? Or do they really mean "sea front" and not beach when they say sea front?! I believe I've read that there are both pebble and sand beaches in Antibes. I'm fine with either, really enjoyed a pebble beach in Cap Ferrat on our last trip to this area, but I think my children will MUCH prefer a sandy beach. Alternately, I would be happy to drive to a sandy beach, but will parking be available around the last week in July?
Also, will I be wishing we were staying right in Old Town? I know it claims to be a short walk, but I guess I never know who is doing the estimating!
I know there are a million Old Town listings on the various rental websites, but most do seem to want a 7 night rental, so that is why I'm focusing on this one. Please let me know what you think of the location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland hotel questions
- 2 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 3 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 4 Emergencies in Ireland
- 5 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 8 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 9 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 10 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 11 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 12 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 13 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 14 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Food in Positano
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Edinburgh to Skye
- 19 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 20 4 days itinerary for France
- 21 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 22 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 23 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 24 3 weeks in Spain
- 25 ISO help planning a trip to England in May