I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi October 16-25
- 2 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 3 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 4 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 5 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 6 21 nights in England, please help
- 7 Trip report European honeymoon
- 8 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 9 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 10 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 11 Sentimental Journey
- 12 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 13 Need advice on Greek islands
- 14 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 15 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 16 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 17 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 18 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 19 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 20 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 21 Florence and Rome
- 22 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 24 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 25 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)