I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Riva del Garda or Bolzano early spring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 Airport ATMs
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 9 American Express
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 14 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 15 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Three ferries to Mull
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012