I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Riva del Garda or Bolzano early spring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 2 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 3 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 4 Trip to Russia – get the most!
- 5 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 6 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 7 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 8 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 9 Thinking of visiting Iceland in May (1st May - 10th May)
- 10 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 11 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 12 Hotel in Lisbon
- 13 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 14 Tyrol - need general help
- 15 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 16 Italy food budget
- 17 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 18 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 19 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 20 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 21 Munich accommodations
- 22 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 23 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 24 buying souviners and art
- 25 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June