I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Riva del Garda or Bolzano early spring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 2 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 3 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 4 London visit
- 5 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 6 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 7 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 8 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 9 Would someone critique my food/drinking itinerary for St. Petersburg?
- 10 Duoro river cruises
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Munich and Dachau
- 13 Nine Van Gogh paintings in Arles until august 31, 2014 !
- 14 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 15 What to wear
- 16 Small group for Colosseum
- 17 Useful website for France
- 18 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 19 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 20 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 21 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 24 SIM card for eastern europe
- 25 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please