I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Riva del Garda or Bolzano early spring?
- 1 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 2 Four days to wander France???
- 3 Prague Itinerary
- 4 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 5 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 6 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 7 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 8 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 9 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 10 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 11 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 12 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 13 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 14 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 15 How Long For Santorini?
- 16 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 17 Car rental Italy
- 18 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 19 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 20 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 21 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 22 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 23 London at Xmas
- 24 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 25 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys