I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 3 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 4 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 5 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 6 French restaurants
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 Tour groups
- 11 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 17 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 18 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 19 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 22 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 23 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 24 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt