I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Riva del Garda or Bolzano early spring?
- 1 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 10 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 Rome Accommodation
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 15 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 16 Greek islands from Turkey
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 19 rent car / Munich
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Italian Lakes gardens
- 23 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Novels set in Greece