I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 2 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Car rental leaving Rome
- 8 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 11 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 12 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 13 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 14 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 15 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 16 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Car Rental in Italy
- 20 Rue des Rosiers
- 21 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 First Trip to Europe!
- 24 Paris Under Seige...
- 25 Italy with my 22 year old son