I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Riva del Garda or Bolzano early spring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 tour guides in rome
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 8 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 9 Seaside island village in Greece
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 15 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 16 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Spain itineraries
- 19 Itinerary Help!
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 22 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 23 Scotland
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 25 7-8 days in Greece HELP!