I'm going on my first solo trip to Italy and will be staying in Venice for 10 days and Verona for 5. I was wondering about a side trip out of Verona. I'll be in Verona the last week of March. Public transportation all the way.
Riva del Garda looks pretty and is accessible by bus from Verona. Is it going to be pretty closed up the last week of March and not worth a visit? Bad time of year to go? Pescheria?
The other place that looks pretty (I won't do both places, only one, if at all) is Bolzano, but again, I wonder if that week is "in between" seasons (ski season over, hiking yet to come). I fear the gondolas won't be running, the trees bare, the pastures not green....
Perhaps, Milan is the only "safe bet" for a side trip from Verona?
The other complication is that I will be in Verona March 28-April 2, so that includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday....maybe not the greatest days to try to "side-trip"?
Is it best just to sit tight in Verona the whole time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 From London to Paris to US
- 4 Barcelona Car rental return
- 5 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 6 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 7 Greece Experts
- 8 Xtrcut @ http://nuvieskincareserum.com/xtrcut/
- 9 Dover queues
- 10 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/hollywood-smiles/
- 11 Puglia
- 12 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 13 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 14 Itinerary help please!
- 15 AVE train tickets questions.
- 16 Manchester on derby weekend
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Visiting the Black Forest
- 19 Barcelona to Morocco
- 20 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 21 France to stop making foie grois
- 22 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 23 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 24 Car hire
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.