We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 2 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 3 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 4 Lisbon to Porto by train
- 5 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 6 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 7 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 8 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 9 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 10 Lake Garda- Italy
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Sardinia, Italy
- 13 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 14 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 15 Italy by car
- 16 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 17 Paris gtg in October?
- 18 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 19 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 20 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 21 T Mobile Does it Again
- 22 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 23 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 24 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 25 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?