We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 2 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 3 Night Bus?
- 4 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 Jewish Vienna
- 7 Short time in Vienna
- 8 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 13 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 14 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 15 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 16 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 17 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 18 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 19 Shall we Gdansk?
- 20 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 21 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 22 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 23 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 24 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 25 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?