We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 2 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 3 Acropolis Athens
- 4 Vacation in Great Britain
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 Trip Ideas
- 8 We're here!
- 9 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 13 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 14 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 15 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 Info about Poland
- 18 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 19 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 20 Barcelona question
- 21 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 22 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 23 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?