We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?
- 1 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 5 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 6 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 9 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 10 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 Apartments in Rome
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 21 A full week in The Netherlands
- 22 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??