We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 2 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 3 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 6 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 7 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 8 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 9 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 10 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 11 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 12 Italian Lakes
- 13 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 14 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 15 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 16 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 17 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 18 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 19 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 24 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja