We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 삼성동안마시술소o1o 2816 2526⟧삼성역안마시술소 삼성안마시술소추천
- 2 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 3 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 London Restaurants
- 6 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 7 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 12 Virgin Trains East Coast Punctuality
- 13 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Charming areas to explore in London
- 16 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 18 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 19 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 22 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 23 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 24 Valencia, Spain
- 25 Cornwall UK
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?