We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?
- 1 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 2 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 3 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 4 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 5 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 6 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 7 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 8 East coast trains
- 9 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 10 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 First night after arriving in Milan
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 15 France by rail or car?
- 16 Planning my days in Paris
- 17 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 18 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 19 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 20 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 21 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 22 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 23 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 24 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 25 London at Xmas