We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 2 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 3 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 4 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 American Express
- 13 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 14 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 16 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 19 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 20 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 21 Which european city?
- 22 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 23 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 24 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 25 All Set To Go!!