We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 2 Dordogne & Languedoc - Gorges, Castles & Caves Itinerary Need Help Please
- 3 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 4 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 5 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 6 Italy things to do?
- 7 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 8 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 10 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 11 Spending money in Italy?
- 12 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 13 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 14 Getting cash in Spain
- 15 I went to Paris in June
- 16 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 17 Help with itinerary Bulgaria and Romania
- 18 stop in lisboa or not
- 19 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 20 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 21 Paris Metro Closures??
- 22 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 23 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 24 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 25 a hostel in Moscow, Russia