We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 5 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 6 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 7 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 8 London tube
- 9 Day trip from London to Paris
- 10 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 11 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 12 5am arrival in Dublin
- 13 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 17 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 18 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 19 What are the best places to see in England
- 20 London hotel
- 21 7 days in Greece
- 22 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 23 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 24 Europe in 21 days
- 25 London day trips, especially castles