We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 6 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 11 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 14 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 15 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 16 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 17 3 day trip to iceland
- 18 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 19 Alitala
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 celticmoon, a quick question
- 25 Car service from Vienna Airport
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?