We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 2 Italy weather last week of March.
- 3 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 4 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 5 Alhambra
- 6 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 7 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 8 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 9 Advice for London 2 days
- 10 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 11 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 12 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 13 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 14 Paris weather
- 15 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 16 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 17 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 18 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 19 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 20 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 21 Dinge B&B
- 22 Antwerp Tram
- 23 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 24 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 25 Train Travel Northern Italy
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?