We are American tourists considering an apartment rental in the Rione Monti area of Rome for a week. We are very unfamiliar with the area and would love your help!
What are your thoughts? Is this a safe area? Some pics of Google Earth from several years ago show the neighborhood with lots of graffiti, but recent traveler pics don't show that much. Is it safe to walk home through the neighborhood alleys at night?
Also, is Rione Monti really far from tourist sites? We will be walking everywhere (we are able-bodied) and taking the Metro station, which seems to be 1-2 blocks away. However, we will definitely want to visit all the main tourist sites in Rome.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Rione Monti, Rome = Safety and proximity to tourist sites?
- 1 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 2 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 3 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 4 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 5 Benita In Paris
- 6 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 7 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 8 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 9 Driving through Europe
- 10 Romania Tour Guide
- 11 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 12 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 13 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 14 Travel from Sorrento to Naples in the early morning?
- 15 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 16 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 17 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 18 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 19 Places to visit from London
- 20 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 21 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 22 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 23 Do and don't, eating in France
- 24 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 25 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip