I know there's lots of RoK talk and I read much, but having trouble finding some specific help with my dilemma.
Question is: I have read that the South Loop of Ring Of Kerry is the best, traveling clockwise to avoid the tour buses, and I'd rather focus on quality over quantity...
1.) How far is it worth it to drive for the South loop? Waterville? Portmagee?
2.) What time should I be my furthest south point by to beat the tour busses? Especially if I want to double back? What's a good recommended departure time?
And a few other considerations which will factor into where I end up staying for the night before (Fossa Village VS Kenmore). I'm planning to leave Cork in the evening, after sundown, and get into either Killarney or Kenmore in the evening around 8pm (or Fossa Village for a BnB there, just west of Killarney town). The town itself isn't much of a consideration as I'm just using it as a starting point in the morning for the day around the ring + national park.
3.) Is Gap of Dunloe worth driving? And if so, how does it compare to the drive through Killarney (+ perhaps a couple shorter stops? Is it worth doing both? If it's worth doing both, I would be inclined to start in Fossa VS Kenmore...
A. Fossa Village via Dunloe Gap to Kenmare to South Loop, double back via Kenmore, Killarney National Park, back to Fossa Village
B. Fossa starting with Killarney drive, Kenmore, south loop, and double back via Dunloe gap in evening
C. Don't start in Fossa village, start in KENMARE instead, and get straight into the southern loop. Double back via either Dunloe Gap or the National Park (which one?)
D. Do the whole loop, and just proceed onward to Dingle at the end?
So the bottom line is, for my 1 day around Kerry, been debating on whether Kenmare or Fossa Village makes more sense as my staging point (ignoring the town as I won't be staying there to explore). Factors in this would be if I should just run the whole loop, or the south portion only to allow more time for Killarney; and whether or not the Dunloe Gap is also worth driving or if I should just pass. And, lastly, how early I want to be out on the south loop (to consider starting location and also when to do Killarney, earlier in day or the end of the day).
Thanks. Sorry for the long post!! Appreciate the insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생중계카지노œ✄œ《 SSK68。COM 》œ✄œ슈퍼카지노
- 2 월드카지노사이트＼♪＼→「”” HIP9.ZE.AM ““」←＼♪＼슈퍼카지노
- 3 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 4 와와카지노♫／≈【 SSK68。COM 】≈／♫슈퍼카지노
- 5 나이트팔라스사이트么＼〔”” HIP9.ZE.AM ““〕＼么나이트팔라스사이트
- 6 온라인카지노œ♀œ《 SSK68。COM 》œ♀œ슈퍼카지노
- 7 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 8 실시간카지노や／≈【 SSK68。COM 】≈／や슈퍼카지노
- 9 아시안카지노œ☡œ《 SSK68。COM 》œ☡œ슈퍼카지노
- 10 아시아카지노☠／≈【 SSK68。COM 】≈／☠슈퍼카지노
- 11 태양성카지노사이트＼☤＼→「”” HIP9.ZE.AM ““」←＼☤＼슈퍼카지노
- 12 카지노게임사이트¶(→〔”” HIP9.ZE.AM ““〕←)¶슈퍼카지노
- 13 다모아카지노사이트乐＼〔”” HIP9.ZE.AM ““〕＼乐다모아카지노사이트
- 14 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 15 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 16 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 17 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 18 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 19 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 20 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 21 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 22 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 23 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 24 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy