My husband and I are planning 2-month backpacking trip through Europe in 2016.
We are going to Ireland, then Scotland, then London...before catching train to Brussels. I planned the trip to revolve around the 20th annual Flower carpet because it looks so beautiful! We would get in August 14th- and after reading other posts will likely go to Chaloupe Dor to take in the view. We only plan on spending one night in Brussels.
I've read the back and forth between Ghent and Bruges so I've decided to take a train to Ghent the next day and stay for 2-nights before taking a train to Bruges and staying for 1 night. We would then leave from Bruges to Paris the following morning.
We only plan to have our backpacks no rental cars- what would you recommend doing/seeing/staying in these 3 areas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Moscow Favorites
- 3 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 6 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 10 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 11 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 12 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 13 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 14 Guided Vatican Tours
- 15 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 25 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK