My husband and I are planning 2-month backpacking trip through Europe in 2016.
We are going to Ireland, then Scotland, then London...before catching train to Brussels. I planned the trip to revolve around the 20th annual Flower carpet because it looks so beautiful! We would get in August 14th- and after reading other posts will likely go to Chaloupe Dor to take in the view. We only plan on spending one night in Brussels.
I've read the back and forth between Ghent and Bruges so I've decided to take a train to Ghent the next day and stay for 2-nights before taking a train to Bruges and staying for 1 night. We would then leave from Bruges to Paris the following morning.
We only plan to have our backpacks no rental cars- what would you recommend doing/seeing/staying in these 3 areas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 7 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 Dijon in December!
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Korean Messages
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!