I am going to Italy soon for a three week trip around the country. I used Rick Steve's guide to find hotels that sounded interesting and inexpensive. After reading some of the comments here about disasters such as finding the accomodations different than described or being given rooms that were not what was requested, I'm just wondering whether anyone else has used his guide and how the hotels really stack up against his descriptions? (Specifically-Villa Cipressi in Varenna, Hotel Campiello in Venice, La Minervetta in Sorrento and Pensione Bretagna in Florence)
Rick Steve's guides-anybody try his hotel suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 3 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 4 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 5 Provence in November
- 6 When to go to Sicily
- 7 Itinerary advise needed
- 8 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 9 Kimhe--flamenco
- 10 Wengen to Torino?
- 11 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 12 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 13 Working Holiday in Germany
- 14 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 15 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 16 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 17 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 18 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 19 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 22 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 23 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 24 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 25 Transport in Venice