I am going to Italy soon for a three week trip around the country. I used Rick Steve's guide to find hotels that sounded interesting and inexpensive. After reading some of the comments here about disasters such as finding the accomodations different than described or being given rooms that were not what was requested, I'm just wondering whether anyone else has used his guide and how the hotels really stack up against his descriptions? (Specifically-Villa Cipressi in Varenna, Hotel Campiello in Venice, La Minervetta in Sorrento and Pensione Bretagna in Florence)
Rick Steve's guides-anybody try his hotel suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 2 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 3 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 4 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 By train to and out of Prague
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Cylades Island Hopping
- 9 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 Italy dolomites
- 12 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 13 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 14 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 15 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 16 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 17 Airport ATMs
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 20 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 21 history museums or locations
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 22 year olds in Europe
- 24 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips