I am going to Italy soon for a three week trip around the country. I used Rick Steve's guide to find hotels that sounded interesting and inexpensive. After reading some of the comments here about disasters such as finding the accomodations different than described or being given rooms that were not what was requested, I'm just wondering whether anyone else has used his guide and how the hotels really stack up against his descriptions? (Specifically-Villa Cipressi in Varenna, Hotel Campiello in Venice, La Minervetta in Sorrento and Pensione Bretagna in Florence)
Rick Steve's guides-anybody try his hotel suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 3 Stay near Paris
- 4 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 5 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 8 Oktoberfest reservations
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 11 Eurostar booking
- 12 Questions for my German friends
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 15 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 16 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 17 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 18 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 21 italy
- 22 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 23 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 24 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 25 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?