My husband and I are travelling from Frankfurt to Cologne via the Rhine River in mid December 2014 and I was looking for some advice on the points below if possible.
* I have heard that the Left side (Left Rhine Line) is more scenic but only goes from Mainz to Cologne. We are happy to catch the train from Frankfurt to Mainz then change. Which site is the best to buy the tickets from? We would like to buy them in advance.
* I realise that at that time of year not everything will be open. But can anyone suggest a couple of towns that have a good amount of things open for us to stop off on the way? We would like to visit a Christmas market and a castle if possible and just sample the local food and wine.
* With the train ticket mentioned before, can we just hop off and on as we like?
* We will have our backpacks with us. Is there anywhere to store them when you get off the train?
* Any other tips/advice that people have would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://bodypotency.com/red-fortera/
- 2 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 3 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 4 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 5 free international phone calls
- 6 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 7 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 8 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 9 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 10 London 6 day itinerary
- 11 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 12 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Two days in Rome
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 First visit to London