Another trip possibility is looming. Friends of mine are very into photography and at this point I'd call them pro photographers, especially given that they have recently started a sideline business.
They have become obsessed with Iceland this year and visited there three times in 2014 and next fall will be leading a photo shoot there. They are going for 48 hours in February to shoot ice caves and auroras. We'd be pretty remote and would be outside photographing all day and even at night. Brrrrrrr.
If I go (and it's not a certainty yet) I'd probably stay one extra night in Reykjavik. They would drop me at a hotel on the way to the airport and I'd head home the following afternoon.
Any hotels that give a lot of bang for the buck? I'd like to be walking distance to everything since I only have the one night and next morning. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want something pleasant and comfy. A comfy lodge type bar with a fireplace would be a bonus.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 2 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 5 Trip in September
- 6 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 7 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 8 Which city order makes most sense?
- 9 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 10 London Restaurants
- 11 Munich Hotel Location
- 12 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 13 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 14 Clean up spam
- 15 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 16 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 19 Is Sicily Safe?
- 20 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 21 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 22 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 23 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 24 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 25 Help with basic itinerary