Another trip possibility is looming. Friends of mine are very into photography and at this point I'd call them pro photographers, especially given that they have recently started a sideline business.
They have become obsessed with Iceland this year and visited there three times in 2014 and next fall will be leading a photo shoot there. They are going for 48 hours in February to shoot ice caves and auroras. We'd be pretty remote and would be outside photographing all day and even at night. Brrrrrrr.
If I go (and it's not a certainty yet) I'd probably stay one extra night in Reykjavik. They would drop me at a hotel on the way to the airport and I'd head home the following afternoon.
Any hotels that give a lot of bang for the buck? I'd like to be walking distance to everything since I only have the one night and next morning. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want something pleasant and comfy. A comfy lodge type bar with a fireplace would be a bonus.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 8 Days in Spain
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 Amsterdam
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 11 Scenic cruise advice
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 15 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 16 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 19 God Save the Queen?
- 20 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 21 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 22 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 23 Iceland early december visit
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes