Another trip possibility is looming. Friends of mine are very into photography and at this point I'd call them pro photographers, especially given that they have recently started a sideline business.
They have become obsessed with Iceland this year and visited there three times in 2014 and next fall will be leading a photo shoot there. They are going for 48 hours in February to shoot ice caves and auroras. We'd be pretty remote and would be outside photographing all day and even at night. Brrrrrrr.
If I go (and it's not a certainty yet) I'd probably stay one extra night in Reykjavik. They would drop me at a hotel on the way to the airport and I'd head home the following afternoon.
Any hotels that give a lot of bang for the buck? I'd like to be walking distance to everything since I only have the one night and next morning. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want something pleasant and comfy. A comfy lodge type bar with a fireplace would be a bonus.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 4 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 5 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 6 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 7 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Trip suggestion
- 11 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 14 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 15 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Acorn TV
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Petrol in Greece
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE