Another trip possibility is looming. Friends of mine are very into photography and at this point I'd call them pro photographers, especially given that they have recently started a sideline business.
They have become obsessed with Iceland this year and visited there three times in 2014 and next fall will be leading a photo shoot there. They are going for 48 hours in February to shoot ice caves and auroras. We'd be pretty remote and would be outside photographing all day and even at night. Brrrrrrr.
If I go (and it's not a certainty yet) I'd probably stay one extra night in Reykjavik. They would drop me at a hotel on the way to the airport and I'd head home the following afternoon.
Any hotels that give a lot of bang for the buck? I'd like to be walking distance to everything since I only have the one night and next morning. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want something pleasant and comfy. A comfy lodge type bar with a fireplace would be a bonus.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 charter@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 CHARTER Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland