Another trip possibility is looming. Friends of mine are very into photography and at this point I'd call them pro photographers, especially given that they have recently started a sideline business.
They have become obsessed with Iceland this year and visited there three times in 2014 and next fall will be leading a photo shoot there. They are going for 48 hours in February to shoot ice caves and auroras. We'd be pretty remote and would be outside photographing all day and even at night. Brrrrrrr.
If I go (and it's not a certainty yet) I'd probably stay one extra night in Reykjavik. They would drop me at a hotel on the way to the airport and I'd head home the following afternoon.
Any hotels that give a lot of bang for the buck? I'd like to be walking distance to everything since I only have the one night and next morning. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want something pleasant and comfy. A comfy lodge type bar with a fireplace would be a bonus.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 3 Croatia Ferry Help
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 getting to CDG
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 13 Switzerland in November?
- 14 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Barcelona cooking classes
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip