My husband and I live near NYC, and we are looking for somewhere to take a short (4-5 day) break for our anniversary in May. We are considering Reykjavik because the flight is so short (relatively), but the reviews seem to be mixed. We like museums (in moderation), walking, shopping and general sightseeing. We have been to hot springs here in the US and enjoyed that experience, so we were thinking we could go to the Blue Lagoon one of the days. Any thoughts on Reykjavik as a fun place to go for a few days? Is it worth the time and airfare ($675 US in May).? Thanks for any input!
Reykjavik for a short city break?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 4 Reims for a day
- 5 Lavender Fields
- 6 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 7 Munich
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 10 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 13 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 14 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 15 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 16 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 17 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 museum passes in Rome
- 20 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 21 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 22 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 23 Nice Video about Poland
- 24 Where to stay in Rome
- 25 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary