My husband and I live near NYC, and we are looking for somewhere to take a short (4-5 day) break for our anniversary in May. We are considering Reykjavik because the flight is so short (relatively), but the reviews seem to be mixed. We like museums (in moderation), walking, shopping and general sightseeing. We have been to hot springs here in the US and enjoyed that experience, so we were thinking we could go to the Blue Lagoon one of the days. Any thoughts on Reykjavik as a fun place to go for a few days? Is it worth the time and airfare ($675 US in May).? Thanks for any input!
Reykjavik for a short city break?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 2 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 3 Chip but no PIN
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 6 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 7 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 8 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Unique Venice Activity
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 17 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 20 What to wear
- 21 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 22 Small group for Colosseum
- 23 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 24 Lofoten ferry
- 25 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!