My husband and I live near NYC, and we are looking for somewhere to take a short (4-5 day) break for our anniversary in May. We are considering Reykjavik because the flight is so short (relatively), but the reviews seem to be mixed. We like museums (in moderation), walking, shopping and general sightseeing. We have been to hot springs here in the US and enjoyed that experience, so we were thinking we could go to the Blue Lagoon one of the days. Any thoughts on Reykjavik as a fun place to go for a few days? Is it worth the time and airfare ($675 US in May).? Thanks for any input!
Reykjavik for a short city break?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 2 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 5 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 6 Hotels that we found special
- 7 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 8 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 9 Too many Trip Reports
- 10 Great London Bars with a view
- 11 Rome Food Tour
- 12 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 13 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 14 Art in Paris
- 15 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Rental car while in Ireland
- 18 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 21 St Germain
- 22 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 23 First Time to UK since 2001
- 24 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget