My husband and I live near NYC, and we are looking for somewhere to take a short (4-5 day) break for our anniversary in May. We are considering Reykjavik because the flight is so short (relatively), but the reviews seem to be mixed. We like museums (in moderation), walking, shopping and general sightseeing. We have been to hot springs here in the US and enjoyed that experience, so we were thinking we could go to the Blue Lagoon one of the days. Any thoughts on Reykjavik as a fun place to go for a few days? Is it worth the time and airfare ($675 US in May).? Thanks for any input!
Reykjavik for a short city break?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Car in Prague
- 4 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 5 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Istanbul hotels
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 13 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 14 TGV and Provence questions
- 15 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 16 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 17 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 18 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 21 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 22 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 23 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?