My husband and I live near NYC, and we are looking for somewhere to take a short (4-5 day) break for our anniversary in May. We are considering Reykjavik because the flight is so short (relatively), but the reviews seem to be mixed. We like museums (in moderation), walking, shopping and general sightseeing. We have been to hot springs here in the US and enjoyed that experience, so we were thinking we could go to the Blue Lagoon one of the days. Any thoughts on Reykjavik as a fun place to go for a few days? Is it worth the time and airfare ($675 US in May).? Thanks for any input!
Reykjavik for a short city break?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 3 Euro Train
- 4 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 One more last question on Bayeux
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Italian language schools
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 When to visit Provence updated info
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 15 Lucerne & Zurich
- 16 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 17 Trip around Spain
- 18 Venice in Jan
- 19 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 20 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 21 How early to get to CDG
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Three for the road
- 25 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration