My husband and I live near NYC, and we are looking for somewhere to take a short (4-5 day) break for our anniversary in May. We are considering Reykjavik because the flight is so short (relatively), but the reviews seem to be mixed. We like museums (in moderation), walking, shopping and general sightseeing. We have been to hot springs here in the US and enjoyed that experience, so we were thinking we could go to the Blue Lagoon one of the days. Any thoughts on Reykjavik as a fun place to go for a few days? Is it worth the time and airfare ($675 US in May).? Thanks for any input!
Reykjavik for a short city break?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 2 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 3 Spain Travel
- 4 Itinerary Questions
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 9 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 12 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 13 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 16 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 21 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 22 Lake como
- 23 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 24 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report