Coucou, mon amis!
I was wondering if Fodorites knew of any revolving restaurants in Europe.
The only one I know of is Piz Gloria at the Schilthorn, CH.
I would surmise that operating a revolving restaurant would be difficult.
The expense must be exorbitant. The electric bill alone would be prohibitive to any restauranteur.
I also think proper training of staff would be another expense because you wouldn't want some shambolic waiter setting fire to a tablecloth because he lost his balance during a cherries jubilee pyrotechnic performance.
And a salad bar smack dab in the middle of the dining room would be ruled out (cutting profits because salad bars bring in crowds) as you would have customers suffering vertigo episodes whilst spooning out Currywurst Surprise onto their plates.
Yes, a revolving restaurant would be a very challenging venture indeed.
Maybe that is why we don't see so many nowadays.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라속임수＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트》인터넷카지노주소
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 5 Spain in December
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 K-Day
- 11 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 21 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 22 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Campervan in Croatia
Coucou, mon amis!