Thinking about how I might word a topic title that would rally the Puglia fans,I remembered a Chinese ideogram for "crisis" ....a symbol both for challenge and opportunity.That is where we are at this moment.After purchasing our plane tickets,and beginning an exploratory dialog with EKS and other knowledgable Fodorites,a series of family responsibilities requiring all our time and attention cleared all other issues from our thoughts.Now,free to finally think about our trip,we are 7 weeks from departure,and without a plan,and I am in a panic.I must decide on our itinerary and make reservations,quickly We have 13 days,not including our day of departure.On arrival in Rome our plan was to pick up a rental car and drive to :
Ascoli Piceno for 2 nights,and then drive down the coast with stops in Trani ,Matera,Ostuni and Lecce,ending with an early A.M. flight from Brindisi to Rome and home to D.C.Please advise the number of days we should apportion for each stop,AND whether we should plan a night or 2 enroute to Trani.OR...Sulmona looks wonderful.Should we drop Ascoli and start in Sulmona and head for the coast from there???This is the opportunity part.We can change our itinerary.My husband is an aging road warrior;still game,but no longer interested in marathons.In the interest of time,I want to get this out to all of you. I will follow up with a list of hotel/massiera possibilities for your attention.PLEASE ...I treasure all your practical/creative ideas.I hope to make great progress,quickly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London with Teens Trip Report
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Ex-pats with young kids
- 4 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 11 Hotels in Turin
- 12 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 13 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 14 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 17 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 18 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 19 Best Viking Sites
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 23 Greece
- 24 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 25 Paris advice with kids