Thinking about how I might word a topic title that would rally the Puglia fans,I remembered a Chinese ideogram for "crisis" ....a symbol both for challenge and opportunity.That is where we are at this moment.After purchasing our plane tickets,and beginning an exploratory dialog with EKS and other knowledgable Fodorites,a series of family responsibilities requiring all our time and attention cleared all other issues from our thoughts.Now,free to finally think about our trip,we are 7 weeks from departure,and without a plan,and I am in a panic.I must decide on our itinerary and make reservations,quickly We have 13 days,not including our day of departure.On arrival in Rome our plan was to pick up a rental car and drive to :
Ascoli Piceno for 2 nights,and then drive down the coast with stops in Trani ,Matera,Ostuni and Lecce,ending with an early A.M. flight from Brindisi to Rome and home to D.C.Please advise the number of days we should apportion for each stop,AND whether we should plan a night or 2 enroute to Trani.OR...Sulmona looks wonderful.Should we drop Ascoli and start in Sulmona and head for the coast from there???This is the opportunity part.We can change our itinerary.My husband is an aging road warrior;still game,but no longer interested in marathons.In the interest of time,I want to get this out to all of you. I will follow up with a list of hotel/massiera possibilities for your attention.PLEASE ...I treasure all your practical/creative ideas.I hope to make great progress,quickly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 3 multi city flights to europe
- 4 One week in Europe
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 9 My final Prague itinerary
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 12 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 18 Private Guide in Lyon
- 19 13 nights in switzerland
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 London Theater
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!