So i am making my first trip "across the pond." I am going to be traveling between England and France with some family, but I also really want to see Ireland. I am going to stay longer than they are, and take a tour of Ireland. Since I am 18 (I'll be 19 then), haven't been to Europe before, and I have a mother who isn't so sure about all of this, I want to take an escourted tour. I realize this isn't the ultimate way to travel, but I have found a tour (Irish Explorer) for a reasonable price by Cosmos tours that goes everywhere I want to see. Being from a small town on the western coast, I am not familiar with public transportation (I know what it is obviously, but never really used it) so I thought this would be a happy medium.
Has anyone had any experience with this tour company? I checked out all the hotels we are going to be staying in, and they seem decent enough (not 5 stars, but all 3-4) but haven't found many reviews on the actual tour.
Let me know if you have any insight. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 2 Booking hotels before trains
- 3 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 4 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 5 Visiting Spain in January
- 6 Italy/Greece with kids
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Puglia or La Langhe
- 9 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 10 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 11 Paris---baguette question???
- 12 Munich
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 18 Need help in travel planning
- 19 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 20 French immersion courses in France
- 21 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 22 Vienna or Budapest?
- 23 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 24 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 25 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London