I was hoping some of you might review my Europe itinerary. Of course, I have done a lot of research myself, but I'm sure there's lots that more experienced Europe-goers might pick up on that I have neglected to notice. Things like travel times/distances, the logistics of getting from one place to another, and perhaps how long it takes to have a basic "experience" of a place.
I am travelling with my partner. We have 8 weeks in Europe all together, arriving August 3rd into Paris. I am late 20's, and he is early 30's. We are active and outdoorsy, we love photographing architecture, galleries, sampling local cuisine, and the beach/seaside. Not so taken by things like wineries, and happy to stick to main cities/towns (don't have enough time to venture too far off the beaten path).
(Japan - 7 nights)
Paris - 5 nights
Bruges - 2 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Berlin - 2 nights
Vienna - 3 nights
Venice - 4 nights
Florance - 2 nights
Rome - 6 nights
Dubrovnik (and Croatian coast) - 6 nights
Greece - 6 nights
South France - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights
Somewhere else in Spain - 4 nights
Somewhere else in UK - 4 nights
London - 3 nights
Fly out of London to Beijing to continue journey.
My general feeling is that the first half is a bit rushed. Considering leaving out Berlin, and spending an extra night in Amsterdam, and in Vienna.
Also considering leaving out Greece altogether, as during my research I've realized it's difficult to get form Croatia to Greece without backtracking into Italy?
I would be very grateful for any advice, thanks for reading
Review my Europe itinerary
- 1 Madrid to Sevilla
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 4 More help with housing in Puglia
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 7 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 8 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 12 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 16 first european holiday itinery
- 17 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 18 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Travel by train or bus
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 25 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????