I was hoping some of you might review my Europe itinerary. Of course, I have done a lot of research myself, but I'm sure there's lots that more experienced Europe-goers might pick up on that I have neglected to notice. Things like travel times/distances, the logistics of getting from one place to another, and perhaps how long it takes to have a basic "experience" of a place.
I am travelling with my partner. We have 8 weeks in Europe all together, arriving August 3rd into Paris. I am late 20's, and he is early 30's. We are active and outdoorsy, we love photographing architecture, galleries, sampling local cuisine, and the beach/seaside. Not so taken by things like wineries, and happy to stick to main cities/towns (don't have enough time to venture too far off the beaten path).
(Japan - 7 nights)
Paris - 5 nights
Bruges - 2 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Berlin - 2 nights
Vienna - 3 nights
Venice - 4 nights
Florance - 2 nights
Rome - 6 nights
Dubrovnik (and Croatian coast) - 6 nights
Greece - 6 nights
South France - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights
Somewhere else in Spain - 4 nights
Somewhere else in UK - 4 nights
London - 3 nights
Fly out of London to Beijing to continue journey.
My general feeling is that the first half is a bit rushed. Considering leaving out Berlin, and spending an extra night in Amsterdam, and in Vienna.
Also considering leaving out Greece altogether, as during my research I've realized it's difficult to get form Croatia to Greece without backtracking into Italy?
I would be very grateful for any advice, thanks for reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice