I was hoping some of you might review my Europe itinerary. Of course, I have done a lot of research myself, but I'm sure there's lots that more experienced Europe-goers might pick up on that I have neglected to notice. Things like travel times/distances, the logistics of getting from one place to another, and perhaps how long it takes to have a basic "experience" of a place.
I am travelling with my partner. We have 8 weeks in Europe all together, arriving August 3rd into Paris. I am late 20's, and he is early 30's. We are active and outdoorsy, we love photographing architecture, galleries, sampling local cuisine, and the beach/seaside. Not so taken by things like wineries, and happy to stick to main cities/towns (don't have enough time to venture too far off the beaten path).
(Japan - 7 nights)
Paris - 5 nights
Bruges - 2 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Berlin - 2 nights
Vienna - 3 nights
Venice - 4 nights
Florance - 2 nights
Rome - 6 nights
Dubrovnik (and Croatian coast) - 6 nights
Greece - 6 nights
South France - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights
Somewhere else in Spain - 4 nights
Somewhere else in UK - 4 nights
London - 3 nights
Fly out of London to Beijing to continue journey.
My general feeling is that the first half is a bit rushed. Considering leaving out Berlin, and spending an extra night in Amsterdam, and in Vienna.
Also considering leaving out Greece altogether, as during my research I've realized it's difficult to get form Croatia to Greece without backtracking into Italy?
I would be very grateful for any advice, thanks for reading
Review my Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to London?
- 2 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 10 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 11 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 14 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 15 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 16 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 17 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 18 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 19 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 20 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 25 Mycenae Documentary