I was hoping some of you might review my Europe itinerary. Of course, I have done a lot of research myself, but I'm sure there's lots that more experienced Europe-goers might pick up on that I have neglected to notice. Things like travel times/distances, the logistics of getting from one place to another, and perhaps how long it takes to have a basic "experience" of a place.
I am travelling with my partner. We have 8 weeks in Europe all together, arriving August 3rd into Paris. I am late 20's, and he is early 30's. We are active and outdoorsy, we love photographing architecture, galleries, sampling local cuisine, and the beach/seaside. Not so taken by things like wineries, and happy to stick to main cities/towns (don't have enough time to venture too far off the beaten path).
(Japan - 7 nights)
Paris - 5 nights
Bruges - 2 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Berlin - 2 nights
Vienna - 3 nights
Venice - 4 nights
Florance - 2 nights
Rome - 6 nights
Dubrovnik (and Croatian coast) - 6 nights
Greece - 6 nights
South France - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights
Somewhere else in Spain - 4 nights
Somewhere else in UK - 4 nights
London - 3 nights
Fly out of London to Beijing to continue journey.
My general feeling is that the first half is a bit rushed. Considering leaving out Berlin, and spending an extra night in Amsterdam, and in Vienna.
Also considering leaving out Greece altogether, as during my research I've realized it's difficult to get form Croatia to Greece without backtracking into Italy?
I would be very grateful for any advice, thanks for reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 3 Paris---baguette question???
- 4 Munich
- 5 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 6 Puglia or La Langhe
- 7 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 8 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 9 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 10 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 Need help in travel planning
- 13 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 16 Vienna or Budapest?
- 17 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 18 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 19 Italy/Greece with kids
- 20 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 21 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 10 day Greek Island trip
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?