I was hoping some of you might review my Europe itinerary. Of course, I have done a lot of research myself, but I'm sure there's lots that more experienced Europe-goers might pick up on that I have neglected to notice. Things like travel times/distances, the logistics of getting from one place to another, and perhaps how long it takes to have a basic "experience" of a place.
I am travelling with my partner. We have 8 weeks in Europe all together, arriving August 3rd into Paris. I am late 20's, and he is early 30's. We are active and outdoorsy, we love photographing architecture, galleries, sampling local cuisine, and the beach/seaside. Not so taken by things like wineries, and happy to stick to main cities/towns (don't have enough time to venture too far off the beaten path).
(Japan - 7 nights)
Paris - 5 nights
Bruges - 2 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Berlin - 2 nights
Vienna - 3 nights
Venice - 4 nights
Florance - 2 nights
Rome - 6 nights
Dubrovnik (and Croatian coast) - 6 nights
Greece - 6 nights
South France - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights
Somewhere else in Spain - 4 nights
Somewhere else in UK - 4 nights
London - 3 nights
Fly out of London to Beijing to continue journey.
My general feeling is that the first half is a bit rushed. Considering leaving out Berlin, and spending an extra night in Amsterdam, and in Vienna.
Also considering leaving out Greece altogether, as during my research I've realized it's difficult to get form Croatia to Greece without backtracking into Italy?
I would be very grateful for any advice, thanks for reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 advance tickets?
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 8 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 11 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 12 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 13 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 14 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 15 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 20 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 23 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 24 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 25 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have