I was hoping some of you might review my Europe itinerary. Of course, I have done a lot of research myself, but I'm sure there's lots that more experienced Europe-goers might pick up on that I have neglected to notice. Things like travel times/distances, the logistics of getting from one place to another, and perhaps how long it takes to have a basic "experience" of a place.
I am travelling with my partner. We have 8 weeks in Europe all together, arriving August 3rd into Paris. I am late 20's, and he is early 30's. We are active and outdoorsy, we love photographing architecture, galleries, sampling local cuisine, and the beach/seaside. Not so taken by things like wineries, and happy to stick to main cities/towns (don't have enough time to venture too far off the beaten path).
(Japan - 7 nights)
Paris - 5 nights
Bruges - 2 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Berlin - 2 nights
Vienna - 3 nights
Venice - 4 nights
Florance - 2 nights
Rome - 6 nights
Dubrovnik (and Croatian coast) - 6 nights
Greece - 6 nights
South France - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights
Somewhere else in Spain - 4 nights
Somewhere else in UK - 4 nights
London - 3 nights
Fly out of London to Beijing to continue journey.
My general feeling is that the first half is a bit rushed. Considering leaving out Berlin, and spending an extra night in Amsterdam, and in Vienna.
Also considering leaving out Greece altogether, as during my research I've realized it's difficult to get form Croatia to Greece without backtracking into Italy?
I would be very grateful for any advice, thanks for reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 6 Italy
- 7 4 Days in Tuscany
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 Switzerland
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Revised itinerary for italy
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 24 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 25 Amalfi Coast help