I was hoping some of you might review my Europe itinerary. Of course, I have done a lot of research myself, but I'm sure there's lots that more experienced Europe-goers might pick up on that I have neglected to notice. Things like travel times/distances, the logistics of getting from one place to another, and perhaps how long it takes to have a basic "experience" of a place.
I am travelling with my partner. We have 8 weeks in Europe all together, arriving August 3rd into Paris. I am late 20's, and he is early 30's. We are active and outdoorsy, we love photographing architecture, galleries, sampling local cuisine, and the beach/seaside. Not so taken by things like wineries, and happy to stick to main cities/towns (don't have enough time to venture too far off the beaten path).
(Japan - 7 nights)
Paris - 5 nights
Bruges - 2 nights
Amsterdam - 3 nights
Berlin - 2 nights
Vienna - 3 nights
Venice - 4 nights
Florance - 2 nights
Rome - 6 nights
Dubrovnik (and Croatian coast) - 6 nights
Greece - 6 nights
South France - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights
Somewhere else in Spain - 4 nights
Somewhere else in UK - 4 nights
London - 3 nights
Fly out of London to Beijing to continue journey.
My general feeling is that the first half is a bit rushed. Considering leaving out Berlin, and spending an extra night in Amsterdam, and in Vienna.
Also considering leaving out Greece altogether, as during my research I've realized it's difficult to get form Croatia to Greece without backtracking into Italy?
I would be very grateful for any advice, thanks for reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming areas to explore in London
- 2 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 3 8 Hours in Rome
- 4 Cornwall UK
- 5 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 6 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 9 I may be wrong....
- 10 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 11 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 12 Cash machines ATM
- 13 Train up the Jungfrau
- 14 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 15 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 16 travel around Spain
- 17 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 18 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 19 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 20 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 23 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 24 Stu Tower
- 25 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!